Chapter 2

Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.' 

~Erich Fromm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dad is letting Alex sleep over. 

"Thanks again Mr. Martinez," Alex told my dad. 

My dad waved him off. "It's no problem at all. And please, call me Pedro. I have known you since you were two." 

Alex smiled. "Ok, thanks Pedro."

Alex and I walked to my room and while he was getting ready for bed in my bathroom, I walked to the linen closet to get some blankets and pillows for him. I walked to the guest room which was down the hall from my room, and set his bed up. He walked into the room with freshly washed hair and boxers but no shirt. I blushed and pretended to be fixing the already fixed bed. 

"Thanks for fixing my bed and for letting me use your shower. Even though this isn't even the first time I've stayed over," he laughed. "I'll see you in the morning?" 

I smiled. "Duh dummy. Goodnight." I walked to the door but was snatched up by Alex in a big hug. I blushed at the contact of our skin but settled in the friendly hug. 

I walked to my room and put my pajamas on. I brushed my teeth and hopped in my bed. I turned the TV off and settled on my comfy mattress. While I was drifting off to sleep, I heard my door open but didn't look to see who it was. The bed went inward and I felt the warm skin of someone else next to me. But still I didn't move until I heard the snores of the person next me and I looked to see an innocent sleeping Alex. 

I giggled softly and turned back around. I tried not to let his presence distract me and I soon drifted off to sleep. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up, I felt the bed for Alex, but he wasn't there. I groaned and got out of the bed. As soon as I stepped into the hallway, I smelled bacon and eggs. My mouth watered at the smell and I ran to the kitchen. "Damn, dad you've never cooked this good befo-" 

It wasn't my dad I saw but Alex, happily flipping a pancake on a frying pan. I smiled.

"Good morning princess. Want breakfast?" he asked me.

My heart melted a little. "Yes, I do." I smiled and accepted the plate of steaming hot food and sat down at the table. 

I put a little in my mouth and sighed in content. "Ahhh...."

Alex smiled and sat down with his food. "Is it that good? I didn't really try that hard." 

I looked at him like he was crazy. "You didn't try hard?! This is the most amazing food I have ever tasted!" I practically yelled at him. "Don't be modest. You are good enough to cook on TV!"

Alex stared at me. "You think so?" He asked me. 

"I know so."

After breakfast, Alex went into the guest room while I went in my bedroom to get dressed. I didn't really care what I wore so I put on a tie dye crop top with black ripped jeans. I pulled on my white adidas sneakers and brushed out my wavy hair. 

I didn't put makeup on except for a little mascara and chapstick.   

I skipped down the stairs. "Alex?" I called into the silence of the house. Dad wasn't home so it was just us. "Alex, where are you?" I yelled. "I'm not playing around."