Chapter 3

Here's your Wednesday update! Enjoy ! 

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. 

~Lao Tzu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last chapter summary:  Alex slept over at V's house, V realizes her feelings for her best friend are getting stronger by the second. V is introduced to Tyrone, the boy who just moved here. Alex realizes V's new feelings for Tyrone. 

"What?" I asked him incredulously. Is he serious right now? 

He looked at me knowingly. "You don't have to lie to me. Or to yourself."

I stared at him with disbelief. " I just met him! How could I know if I like him or not? Better yet, how could you?" Did I like him? 

"There is no need to worry, I'm not going to say anything to him. Just...why him? What's so special about him?" He sounded annoyed. 

I shook my head. "I seriously don't even know where he stands in my life yet so you don't have to worry about me." He looked so upset. I wanted to comfort him so badly. 

I reached for his arm and grasped onto it. Alex looked at me, his face flushed. "I just don't want you to fall for an asshole of a guy. Not that I don't think Tyrone is a good guy, it's just that I'm not ready to share you." He smirked at me. 

My face turned beet red. He didn't want to share me? 

"We should hurry up and get you to the mall so you can do your thing." He started the engine. 

I spoke up. "I-I don't have t-to. We could hang out at my house if you want." I really wanted him to explain what he meant when he said he didn't want to share me but I'll wait till we're home. 

"Yeah. Are you sure?" He looked at me. 

I nodded my head intently. "Yeah. I love hanging out with my best friend." I playfully nudged him. 

We both smiled at each other. "Now pay attention to the road before we get in an accident." I told him. 

He laughed and continued driving. He reached over and turned the radio on and Ride by SoMo came on. I giggled and turned the radio up. 

"This is my shit!" I squealed. I started grinding on the chair to the song. Alex looked over at me like I was crazy. He watched me for longer than necessary then switched the radio off. 

"Hey!" I screamed. "What is your problem?" 

"You shouldn't be dancing like that," was all he said. 

I huffed and pouted. "Then what the hell am I supposed to do till we get to the house?"

He grinned and turned the radio station to classical music. My eyes widened and I looked at him like he was insane. "I can't grind to this!" I yelled at him.

"Exactly."

I opened the door to my desolate home and stepped inside, Alex following. 

I dropped my purse and flung myself onto my couch. "What do you want to do?" I asked him. I put my head on the arm of the chair. 

He shrugged. "I guess we could watch a movie." 

I nodded and got my favorite movie out. 

(A/N: This section might contain spoilers to the movie Twilight so if you are planning to watch it, skip to the part with ***)

"I'd never given much thought to how I would die - though I'd had reason enough in the last few months - but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this."

I sighed and got comfortable in Alex's arms and laid my head in his lap. In the middle of the movie, I watched him staring intently at the screen. He always complained whenever I put Twilight on but I knew that he loved it. 

"Is it not enough to have a long and happy life with me?"

I had tears in my eyes. I looked up to see if Alex was making fun of me and I was astonished to see him with tears in his eyes. He caught me staring and quickly wiped them away.

***

The movie ended and Alex lifted my head up and ran to the bathroom. What happened? 

I heard the shower turn on and I walked to the bathroom door. Cold air seeped under the door. "Why is the water so cold?" I yelled. 

No answer. I opened the door and saw Alex through the clear plastic... saying hello to his friend. 

I shrieked and ran out the bathroom. What the hell?! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter was short, it was just a filler. 

See yah next Wednesday!