Chapter 4

Where there is love there is life. 

~Mahatma Gandhi

Last chapter summary: 

The movie ended and Alex lifted my head up and ran to the bathroom. What happened?

I heard the shower turn on and I walked to the bathroom door. Cold air seeped under the door. "Why is the water so cold?" I yelled.

No answer. I opened the door and saw Alex through the clear plastic... saying hello to his friend.

I shrieked and ran out the bathroom. What the hell?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V's POV:

I threw myself onto the couch, covering my face. Why did I have to see that?! 

Alex soon stepped out of the bathroom and I could here him walk over to me. I put a nearby pillow from the couch and covered my burning face more. 

He stood there for a while, then finally spoke up. "V? I'm really sorry okay? I am sorry that you had to see that. I'm sorry you are the victim to my fantasies," He chuckled to himself before continuing. I squirmed. He thinks about me? "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." 

I sat up but looked  at the clock on the wall behind him so I wouldn't have to look him in the face. 

"I'm not upset, you know." I told him truthfully. "I just wish that you had told me all these years." 

He sat next to me but I still was too scared to look him in the face. "Does that mean that you don't want to talk to me now that you know that I'm interested in you, that I always have been?" 

My face grew hot. Alex liked me all these years? 

I finally got the courage to look at him. "No."

He scooted closer to me. "Are you uncomfortable?"

"No." I squeaked. His closeness was making me blush. 

He moved closer until our shoulders were touching and I could feel his warm breath on my neck. "V, I love you."

I turned to him. "Do you really?"

He put his finger under my chin so I was face to face with him. "I love you so much."

I had tears in my eyes. I had loved him for so long, not knowing if he shared the same feelings. I was there for him through everything. I helped him with anything, even when it had to do with his past girlfriends. 

He wiped the tears from my face with his thumb. "Why are you crying, V?"

I finally was going to tell him. I was going to tell my bestfriend that I was in love with him, that I have been in love with him. "I-"

The front door opened and I could here my dad walk in and shut the door. "Hey kids!" 

Alex quickly put his hands away from my face and scooted away from me before my dad came into the room. "Hey Alex! I saw your car in the driveway. V, why are you crying?" 

My dad rushed over to me. "What the hell happened V?"

I sniffled. Was I supposed to tell my dad that my childhood best friend had feelings for me? "It's just a bad grade that I got on my science test." I lied. 

He looked at me with sympathy. "I understand. Make sure you get your grades up. I don't want you to fail any classes. Do you want me to fix you anything?" 

I smiled. Just like my dad to always want to help me. "No it's fine. I'll be fine. I have Alex." I shoved Alex lightly.

Dad smiled. "I'm so glad you do." 

I'm soooo sorry that this is short! I have a lot going on at home and I can only update when I find wifi so please no rude comments. I tried to make this chapter as good as possible with the little time that I had to write it.