Chapter 2

"Glossaryck, would you mind telling me what's going in?" Star asked annoyed. Ever since yesterday, Glossaryck had been acting weird. He didn't even finish the cup of pudding! That alone sent alarm bells ringing in the princess's head. The code whatever the numbers were, had curiosity killing her.

"Glossaryck!" Star shouted causing the floating, small, blue man to look at his student.

"As princess of Mewni, I demand to know what's going on!"

Glossaryck was silent. Staring at his student as of he never saw her in his entire life. Like she was a stranger who demanded something of him. Being immortal, he was used on seeing history repeat itself. But that doesn't mean that he liked it.

"Star. Do you remember all the defense and attack spells?"

Star nodded, "yeah, so what?"

"Star, we need to train harder on those spells. We don't have time."

Star rolled her eyes.

"Oh, now I get it. This is about my powers huh? Having to train harder and more."

It wasn't all of it, just the half, but Glossaryck didn't answer. But that would do. Anything to keep Star in the dark for as long as possible. He just hope she doesn't question about her father's and Tom's appearance.

"But, what about Dad and Tom? What's with their get up?"

And he just had to jinx it.

"Star. I cannot give you all the answers right now, but I can tell you, is that I was given an order form your father and I have to follow said order. And that is to help you with the war spells."

"War....spells? Is Mewni at war Glossaryck? Is it?!" Star asked him desperately. The last time Mewni was at war was when her mother was a child. She didn't know the full story, just that her mother did something that scared off the monsters. She was called Moon the Undaunted for a reason, so she must've done something that her grandma was scared to do, or maybe didn't want to do.

"No. Not really. When kingdoms for alliances, they aid other kingdoms fight their battles. For all we know, it could be another kingdom's battle."

"Like Uni?"

Glossaryck chose his words carefully, "yes, but but, it could also be a different kingdom. Not to worry princess, everything will work out fine in the end."

"I hope so. Now, the spells?"

"Mh? Ah, yes. We'll start on the easy ones first. And by easy, I mean the regular battle spells you had been using on Ludo and his army."

"Those? But haven't I mastered them already?"

"Not quite, here. Try hitting this monster dummy. If you can give it a scratch, we'll move on to the defense spells."

Glossaryck pointed at the monster dummy that was inside Star's 'closet full of secrets'. Star grabbed the life size dummy and tied it by a candy rope hanging from the ceiling she had magic up. It wasn't sturdy as normal rope, but it would have to do.

Star walked back 5 feet from the dummy and cried out all her battle spells. Rays and beams shot out from the wand, and smoke began to fill the room. Star was confident that the dummy would be torn apart. But once the smoke cleared, there was the dummy, not a single stitch out of place.

"What?!"

"Star, this dummy was from the Mewni royal army training facility. Only war spells can damage it. Meaning, that your battle spells have to be on full power for it have effect."

Star groaned, "what's the difference on battle spells and war spells anyway?"

Glossaryck floated in front of his student's face. "The difference is energy. Battle spells requires less energy and emotions. But war spells are a different matter, it requires a lot of the two e's."

Star looked back at the dummy and sighed, "for the safety of my kingdom and someone else's."

Glossaryck floated behind the young princess. Star has grown to be powerful. Granted, she may not be able to cast basic magic. But she can cast difficult ones with ease. And that's what has been bothering him. From all the Butterfly's he trained, not one of them had this predicament. Not even Eclipsa.

His mind suddenly drifted towards the code the king sent. 945688. A code he hadn't heard in a long time. The last he heard of this was with Moon. Actually, no. He didn't hear it. He saw it. And that code was something he wished he would never have to hear in a long, long time. But evidently, that wish was not granted.

'Moon', he thought. 'I swear, I will do everything I can to train Star to be the perfect queen. As I promised your late mother, I will now promise unto you. My now, late queen.'

With Tom

Being born a demon, Tom was used on seeing sad, tragic, cruel, and even gruesome things everyday. He was born in the Underworld after all. And even if pain was like a feel of feather towards some demons, they still felt it. Unintentional or not.

The pen he held at his hand snapped into two. He was suddenly reminded why he was doing paper work late at night. Way pass his bed time. What? Demons need sleep too. But that was beside the point. The picture that was on the right side of the wall was covered in a black cloth. But he knew what was underneath it. It was a picture of his parents.

Obviously, what had happened to them was clear- they died. As said before, demons sometimes welcomed pain. Embraced it even. But that still doesn't mean that it didn't hurt. And to logical reasoning, too much can be dangerous to your life. Demons? To die? It would be difficult, but not impossible.

He growled, throwing the papers down the floor. The flames surrounding should have burned them. If it were not for the fact they were fire proof. They had to be in order not to burn from being sent to the Underworld.

Tom recalled some of his anger management classes and counted in his head. Slowly, very slowly, his flames began to die down. (Hehe, die down, get it. 😅 Chat Noir what have you done to me?) He was still angry, but not much to call flames.

He took a deep breath and grabbed some of the papers that fell on the floor. The last one made him stop. It was the paper. He could tell by the accidental call from Star, that she didn't know what had happened yet. How her mother died from the war. Or his in fact.

But.

Isn't this what he wanted? Ever since they broke up, all he wanted was for a way for them to get back together. Yet, he couldn't. He tried to change. Just for  her. He even took anger management classes. That alone took a huge hit on his pride as the prince of the Underworld. Rumors were spread and that made him the talk for the next 4 months. A demon having anger management classes? It was unheard of.

But still, he would sacrifice his pride, his happiness, and everything he has, just to make Star happy. Just for her. And now, he can have her. Only one signature away. He was being selfish. But weren't demon supposed to be selfish? He would be taking away Star's happiness. And freedom for that matter.

"Would you forgive me Starship?" He asked the pictures of Star he kept with him as a lucky charm.

"I think I just made my choice. And you wouldn't like it."