Chapter 16 ~ Threats

Natalie
I scrolled through Facebook until I got a text from an unknown number. I opened the text and saw a naked pic if Bethany. I dropped my phone. It bounced off the bed and onto the floor. What the fuck is going on?
"Bethany!!!" I screamed. I heard her footsteps and she ran in the room.
"Yes? You okay?" She asked.
"You need to see this." I replied. I picked up my phone and showed her.
"What the shit? Dominic did this. I know his number."
"Why would he do this?"
"I have no idea. Text him back."
I texted him and asked why he sent to me. He replied right away. I read the reply out loud.
"He says that you killed his baby and you must pay."
"I did not!"
"Maybe Chade lost the baby."
"And they must blame me? Ain't nobody told her to slap me. If she kept her hands to herself she woulda been pregnant still."
"I'm going to reply."
I texted him and asked what he wants. His reply scared me.
"He wants you Bethany."
"I'm not going back to that bum ass nigga. All he gone do is treat me like shit again. Im quite content with Raheem."

Bethany
I can't believe Dominic is blackmailing me. I'm calling the police. I went into my mom's room.
"Mom I have a confession." I said.
"What is it?" She asked.
"Dominic and I had sex and apparently he took pictures of me now he's threatening me with them I need your help."
"Its okay. I'm going to call the police." My mom grabbed the land line and called she made the report.
"An officer will be here soon." She said.
"Thanks mom."
I placed my head in on her shoulder. I began to think. How did I get myself in this shit? This doesn't make any sense.

Chade
I've been feeling so depressed since I lost the baby. I haven't been eating or sleeping. I've been looking like a zombie lately. My mom tried everything to get me to eat. She failed. I've lost so much weight in two days. Its not healthy. But I can't force my appetite. No matter how hard I'd try to make myself hungry it wouldn't work. I tried eating even though I wasn't hungry and I ended up being sick. I threw up everything. I'm basically waiting on my stomach to start growling before I attempt to eat anything. At this point water is the only thing that has been staying in my body. Juice and milk have been making me sick as well.
"Baby are you okay?" Connor asked as he grasped my attention. I never told him about the baby. He just knew that I ended up in the hospital after the fight.
"Yeah babe I'm fine." I mumbled.
"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Yeah."
"You want me to get you something to eat? Are you hungry?"
"No I'm fine."
"Baby you look like you're going to pass out. You need food. Or at least some vitamins."
"Well can you go get me some vitamins please?"
"Anything for you."
He gave me a peck on my cheek and left my room. I laid back down and placed a pillow over my eyes and forehead. My eyes are becoming sensitive to the sunlight. My curtains were closed before Connor came. When he came he opened them and told me I needed some vitamin D.
I felt the urge to go pee. I got out of bed. My head started spinning. I lost my balance and fell to the floor. Everything went black.

At the hospital
I woke up to bright ceiling lights and monitors beeping. I looked around and machines and a bag with some type of liquid. It had a tube that went straight into my arm. I felt round the bed until I found the button to page the nurse. She rushed into the room.
I looked at her.
"What did you do to me?" I asked as I pointed at the bag of fluid.
"Its some vitamins and nutrients that your body needs. If you went any longer without food you would suffer from severe malnutrition." She explained.
After a few seconds I got very hungry. "Can I have some food?" I asked the nurse. She was busy writing down stuff.
"Sure let me take your blood pressure and temperature." She replied.
I sat up in the bed. She wrapped the cuff around my arm and turned in the machine. She took a device and held it to my forehead when it beeped she started writing. The cuff got really tight then it got loose. It beeped too. She wrote down the numbers then left the room. I took the cuff off and placed it on the nightstand. Within minutes the nurse came back with a plate of food for me. My stomach began to growl. She handed me the plate. I slowly ate my food.

Later that evening
My mom picked me up and took me home. Thank goodness my appetite is back. I probably would have died or something.
Connor came by with some vitamins.
"Baby you can take these tomorrow. The hospital already gave you some today." He said as he handed me the bag.
"Thank you baby." I replied. I honestly feel bad that I cheated on him.
"Baby I have to tell you something." I said.
"What is it?" He asked.
"Well I cheated on you last week and I ended up pregnant. I had a miscarriage. I'm sorry. I don't think we should be together. I need to figure out what I want."
"Damn. Okay."
His face turned bright red he got up and walked out of the front door. I won't be expecting a call from him anytime soon. I really messed up with everything.