•Preface•

His eyes went wide once he pushed open the bedroom door. He had heard all the screams and profanities—the 'I hate you's' and 'wish I'd never met you's.' They had obviously been directed toward him, he was the only person in close proximity to hear her distress.

Clothes scattered all over the bedroom floor, along with everyday toiletries as well the bedsheets. He stood on the other side of the threshold, watching her pace frantically, slinging and throwing random objects to the opposite side of the room from where she stood.

She was small and flustered. Her brown hair in disarray as it feathered around her heart shaped face. He could tell she wasn't wearing a bra under the white spaghetti strap tank top as she placed her hands on her hips—finally finished with her tantrum. He could see her breathing heavily; she knew now that he was watching her.

"You want to talk about this?" Bill asked, timidly stepping into the bedroom.

"I've got nothing to say to you." Ella snapped, pushing her hair back with livid eyes.

She began picking up some of the items in the floor—shampoo and conditioner bottles. He watched as she made her way to the bed, noticing that there was an open suitcase setting in the center.

"It sure sounds like you've got a lot to say." Bill pressed, trying to stand his own ground. It was difficult, he had never seen Ella like this before; she was wild and unpredictable. The outburst had caused a bit of panic to reside in his chest. He could honestly say that he was scared of her—or scared for her.

His eyes trailed back to the suitcase, noticing that it was packed. He swallowed hard at the sight. "Do plan on leaving me?" Bill cleared his throat, unsure of how to approach her manic temperament.

"We fucked up, Bill. This was a huge mistake, we rushed into this. I have to go home now." Ella continued placing items into the suitcase; her long dark tousled hair swaying with every move she made. She walked to the side of the bed, causing Bill to notice she had been having a nervous breakdown in her underwear.

"You're just... hormonal. Soon, you're gonna look back on this and feel silly." Bill suddenly became courageous once realizing that Ella was leaving.

"Don't say that!" Ella snapped, her voice a shrilling screech. It was disrespectful for him assume such a thing—after everything she had been through.

"Why now then?" Bill cautiously approached the bed, sitting down on the edge as he closed the suitcase before she had time to pack anything else.

"Bill," Ella sighed, plopping down next to him on the edge of the bed. "Look at me, and tell me that you love me."

Bill's eyes widened slightly, his plump lips falling agape—her demand had taken aback.

"See, you can't even say it."

"N-n-no, I- you caught me off guard, I-I do, I do love you." Bill stuttered and stammered, placing his hand on the small of her back. Ella jerked away from his touch, standing up from the bed with a groan. His large pale green eyes watched as she flipped open the top of the suitcase, continuing to pack. "Ella, please... why are you doing this?"

"Because I can't keep pretending anymore."

"Pretending what, that you love me?" Bill stood from the bed, towering over Ella with his hands on his hips. His brows furrowed; a small wrinkle above the bridge of his nose appearing as his usually full lips went into a hard line.

"Bill-"

"No, I want to hear you say it. If you don't love me, then I want you to leave." Bill spat, upset by her rash and illogical outburst.