+ night is nice, until you miss the day +

Although I haven't know you very long,
it's clear to see how light radiates off of you.
You are the sun in a gloomy world, Mikey.
Darkness was my only friend it seemed, until you came to me.

You say the sweetest words, mending my broken confidence, and my shards of insecurities. I am sharp yet you still try to help me.

Now I see, it's my time to help you. It's obvious to see something isn't alright with me, but you, you put on such a nice smile. I couldn't do that, like you can. I put mine on for a moment, but it begins to crack after awhile.

I don't want you to put it on though, I want you to feel it in your heart. I don't want you to turn into me, you don't want to be sour like a tart.
You say you want to be sad, but I can't see why. Sadness is something that you can't escape, I mean Mikey, look at me.

I know you see it, the rest of the world does, my eyes hang dark with broken words, broken promises, and most of all broken with the weight of the world.

Don't make yourself sad, I did and it didn't work out for me, I wanted to be sad and now all I want is to be happy.

If you don't want to be happy, I understand, but Mikey, please try to be happy. Try to be happy for me.