Chapter 2

Next chapter guys! Don't forget to comment, vote and tell me what you thought. One of you asked about Violetta in the prev. chapter, and I just wanted to clarify that the Violetta I'm talking about is Ansel's real girlfriend (it is unknown if they broke up yet), her full name is Violetta Komyshan and she is absolutely gorgeous! The Violetta and Ansel that I'm portraying here have no allusions to their real-life personalities and I'm just a fan, I love them both immensely.

On with the story!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lara woke up to the bright daylight seeping in through the windows. She'd returned pretty late last night, but knew her aunt didn't mind. She never minds, and that's the cool thing about her. Lara looked around the white-walled guest room and at the white exit door to the rest of the apartment. She checked her phone and saw three texts, one from her Mom and the other two from Ansel.

Tell me when your flight leaves today! xx mom

Tamblyn, I'll be in your house in an hour! -Ansel

I hope you're ready, 30 minutes -Ansel

She checked my clock. Having overslept, she missed alarm at 5:30AM and at 7AM. Ansel would be here any minute, and she wasn't ready at all. Lara packed up everything except the clothes she’s in, so she quickly got in the bathroom and prepared. The whole thing took fifteen minutes -- thank god for concealer -- and she was out of the bathroom door in a simple black dress and popped a brown belt around her middle, slipping into a pair of white stud flats. She rolled her suitcase out of the room, which was easy because it was quite small – Lara had only planned to stay here for one night, although the Chicago detour meant staying one day later than she meant to.

As she walked out the guest room, She saw her aunt and uncle eating breakfast in the dining room.

"Morning, aunt Sarah! Lara said to her with a smile.

"Good morning, Lara, all set to go?" she asked.

Lara nodded with a smile. 

"Come have breakfast with us first!" Her uncle said.

She complied and walked over to the table, sitting down and pouring herself some cereal. Lara looked at her watch -- 7:45. She ate rather quickly though unnoticeably.

"Will you need us to take you to the airport?" Aunt Sarah asked.

"No, it's fine, thank you. My friend's picking me up, if you don't mind?"

"Of course not! When will they be coming?"

"Actually, he should be here at 8."

"He won't be able to walk up without a keycard! I'll phone the receptionist downstairs to let him in. What's his name, dear?"

"Ansel. Thank you so much, aunt Sarah."

Aunt Sarah went to call the receptionist and left Lara alone with her uncle. He was a tall, young man, and Lara had heard of his long-lasting high school romance with aunt Sarah from her mom, their friends, and just about everybody in their social circle.

"Is that your boyfriend?" he asked.

"No," Lara replied, "Just an old friend."

He nodded and aunt Sarah quickly returned.

"He's here. Should be on our door at any minute."

Lara finished her cereal and walked over to the kitchen sink, rinsing the bowl and spoon and putting them in the dishwasher. She washed her hands and walked towards the table as she heard the doorbell ring.