Chapter 13

"Niki...I don't think I can do this..." he whispered into her hair; "...I don't want to do this anymore..."

Nikita moved out of his grip and looked at him in shock; "What?" she looked at him in disbelief; "...Abhi you have to...you can't back out of this now..."

"I can't see you with anyone else...then how must you be feeling when you see me with Riddhima all the time...I can't do this to you..." he told her; "...I can't..."

"I have moved on Abhi..." she lied not looking at him.

"Don't lie to me..." he told her strictly.

She shook her head; "I'm not lying...I don't love you anymore..." she said looking into his eyes.

He was shocked at what he had just heard; "Niki..."

"I don't Abhi..." she lied again; "...I've forgotten everything...and now it's time you do as well..."

Without another word she walked away leaving him as a statue; she tried not to let the tears spill as she thought; "I can't let you ruin my family Abhi...my family is all that I have...I can't see them break away again...and definitely not because of me...we have to go through with this...even if it's the last thing we ever do...I'm sorry Abhi..."

Abhi turned around and slowly made his way back to the hall but was stopped in his tracks yet again as he noticed someone watching him with a deep frown.

"Where were you?"

"I just went to get some fresh air..." he replied.

"Listen to me very carefully Abhi..." the person warned; "...you better not mess this up...if for any reason this deal doesn't go through I will disown you...and you will lead a miserable life...that's a promise..."

"I understand dad..." he replied defeated.

Without another word he turned and walked back into the hall leaving Abhi standing there all alone feeling crushed; first by the love of his life and then by his own father. He walked back into the hall and was greeted by some family friends; he looked over at his dad briefly and plastered a smile onto his face as he spoke to them.

He moved away after a few moments and walked into a lady who held a drink in her hand which spilled on her dress.

"I'm so sorry..." he said quickly and looked up to see Natasha's smiling face.

"It's okay Abhi..." she shook her head; "...it's not that bad...I'll go clean it up..."

"I'm really very sorry...I should've looked where I was going..." he apologised over and over.

She held her hand up for him to stop with a warm smile; "It's fine Abhi..."

He nodded slowly and was about to walk away when she called after him; he turned to look at her; "Is everything okay?" she asked.

He was unsure of how to answer to her but she carried on; "If there's any problem with the function or any concerns you can let us know..."

"No aunty...everything is perfect..." he gave her a small smile; "...there's no problem..."

"Okay...if you say so...but now that you are family don't hesitate to let us know..." she said.

"I will let you know if there was anything...thank you..." he replied.

"You're welcome beta..." she smiled at him and he felt completely at ease talking to her.

He understood what Nikita meant by her mother's happiness and that she would do anything to keep her mother smiling; he was deep in a dilemma of what to do, as much as he wanted to be with Nikita he couldn't destroy everything along the way...