Battle of Tigers

Chapter 2

16 Years Later.

She ran through the jungle at quick speed. Her bare feet not making a sound as she hurried.

Loud roars of tigers followed her. Assaggi had a smirk on her dirty face. Long fangs were exposed from her smirk. Her beautiful tan skin radiated in the sun.

Jumping high into the trees. She lands directly on the trees. Continuing on her run. Assaggi looked down bellow and saw a band of tigers chasing after her from bellow. All were chasing after her for revenge of what she had done.

"You can't catch me!" Assaggi spoke in the animal language. When the tree was about to give out of branches. She pounced and grabbed onto a tough vine. Swinging forward and landing in another tree.

Her bare legs scraped against some of the branches. Some branches tugged at the lion fur she had taken from a dead lion. Assaggi stood up and looked down bellow. Seeing the tigers all gathered around the tree she was in.

One tiger didn't look murderous as everyone else. Assaggi stared at the young tiger and saw how he stared at her. She gave him a smirk. Then she jumps straight down to the ground. Landing right in front of all of them.

No fear was shown in her green eyes. She crosses her thick arms. Scars from all battles shown on them. "I didn't mean to cross your territory. I was just chasing prey for my clan." Assaggi spoke boldly. Her scarred upper lip moved up to show all her sharpened fangs.

The leader of the tigers, Sefu stepped up. His large form looked intimidating to others. Except for Assaggi. She didn't look any bit scared. "You may be a lion but your an outsider!" Sefu shouted. He was one of the many animals who rejected Assaggi as a lion. Knowing that she was what they called Poachers, the ones who kill other animals and take them away.

Anger flashed in Assaggi's eyes. Nearly she attacked Sefu. But knowing she would have to whole tiger clan after her. She looked away to try and calm herself. Barring her teeth tightly together. Feeling like she may break them.

"Father, you know we can't kill her. Ekon will have our heads!" said one tiger. Assaggi nearly smiled at the tiger. She knew the tiger closely. Being friends with him sense both of them were cubs. She looked at Tau with some admiration. Having developed a crush on the tiger.

Sefu snarled at Tau in anger. Once Assaggi saw the look in his eyes, she lunged. Knocking Sefu down before he pounced. Once she knocks him down she bolted.

Her claws dug into the soil as she ran on her legs. Assaggi never understood how she doesn't walk like her family. She stares at the different parts of her that was different from lions. Her chest was soft and had two large lumps of flesh that she don't know what they were. Assaggi had no tail or fur so she kept on lion fur.

Lightning struck the sky when she escaped the dark jungle. Assaggi got down on all fours and ran into the tall grass. Her bare skin was scratched by the tall grass. It felt like tiny bugs were biting into her as she ran.

Assaggi stopped running when she knew the coast was clear. She laid down on her back. Allowing rain to fall down on her face. Soiling herself. But her lion fur kept her warm.

"What am I?" Assaggi wondered to herself. She picks up her arm and looks at it. Staring at it like it was an artifact. "Why aren't I like my family?" Assaggi said as she began to pick at her odd flesh.

She touches the lumps of flesh from under her lion fur that hid them. Feeling how sensitive they were when touched. Assaggi moaned at the touch and rolled over. Wondering why she was different.

"Assaggi!" yelled the voice of Sanyu, Assaggi's mother. Assaggi stood up and didn't bother shaking the grass off. She looked around, sniffing the air for her mother. "Mom?" Assaggi said aloud. Not knowing if she was anywhere near.

Assaggi spun around and was suddenly tackled. A loud yelp escaped her lips when she was sent down. She immediately started fighting back. Grabbing the head of the animal and flipping it over her head.

Grabbing the alligator teeth knife she made herself. She was about to stab the animal that attacked her. Till she saw it was Tau.

"You idiot!" Assaggi said as she whacked him with her hand. Knowing he wouldn't be able to do the same with his paws. She straps her knife to alligator skin belt.

Tau was laying down and shaking his head around. Trying to get rid of the ringing she must of caused. "Were you trying to make my head explode like some volcano? Or like those Poacher's thunder sticks." Tau said a little annoyed. Earning a kick to the head by Assaggi.

She smirks and sits down cross legged. Beginning to run her fingers through her messy mane of hair. "Don't sneak up on me, you know my father taught me how to handle sneak attacks." Assaggi said with a smug look. "Having Ekon as a father must be very interesting." Tau said with a laugh.

"Ekon is a good lion. He fights for his clan. He's noble." Assaggi said, defending her father.

The look in her eyes showed sadness. Remembering how her father didn't love her for the first few years. But began to love her after the fifth year. Ekon had protected her like she was his own. Treating her like she was a lion.

Rain poured faster and faster. Assaggi closed her eyes and tilted her head up. "Tau, do you know what I am? Am I one of those creatures called Poachers? I've never met one." Assaggi asked him. Tau looked up at her. "I've never met one either. So I don't know."

Sighing, Assaggi laid her head down on Tau. "If your father found us like this he'll murder me for sure. Causing the great war against lions and tigers." Assaggi a little dreamily. Wondering what may happen if that happened.
"He would have to go through me if that ever happens." Tau said, puffing out his chest.

"Well what about me?" asked Sanyu.

Tau and Assaggi spun around to see her mother Sanyu. "Hi mom." Assaggi said as she got off of Tau. A bright blush on her tan cheeks. "Assaggi, it's time for us to go. Poachers are coming." Sanyu said with authority.

Once she heard those words Assaggi stood up. She walked over to Sanyu. Not looking back at her friend.