Blood Splatter

Chapter 13

"Nala, listen to me, your brother-"

"My brother will remain alive especially after this war!" Nala interrupted Assaggi.

A low growl rumbled in Assaggi's throat when she was interrupted. Lifting her knife close to her face and steadying her stance. "Your brother tried to kill my mate!" Assaggi shouted. Nala simply ignored her, she lunges at Assaggi at full speed.

Jumping back before making contact, Assaggi does a quick backflip. She presses her feet against the thick tree and lunges. Tackling Nala to the ground. One hand sinking her claws into Nala's neck, the other stabbing repeatedly.

Nala let out a pained roar before forcefully rolling back onto her feet. Throwing Assaggi under her. She began to jump, trying to slam her paws into Assaggi's chest. Hoping to break her ribs. Assaggi quickly did a sharp back roll to dodge Nala's paws.

Before she could attack again, Assaggi was tackled to the ground. Her eyes were a blur for a second before she could see clearly. Finding her attacker is Tau. Growling, Assaggi spun her knife between her fingers. "Listen here, I'm here to find my Aunt Holly. A Poacher; I tracked her scent into the jungle so I came to get her back."

The two tiger siblings didn't listen, they just attacked. Assaggi dodged attacks as quick as she could.

She was suddenly thrown off her feet and hit the ground with enough force to lose breath. Assaggi drops her weapon and struggles to breathe. Her head pounded like a drum. Blood ran down herself like a river. Assaggi growled and took a deep breath. Her lungs felt like they may burst if she didn't gulp in enough oxygen.

It felt like power surged through her body as she breathed in the air. The pain she once felt faded. All tiredness from the fight was replaced with adrenaline. Slowly rising back to her feet. But she crotches down into a predator position. Assaggi opens up her eyes, exposing the eyes of a lion.

Nala and Tau saw her eyes and backed away. A low growl rumbles deep in Assaggi's throat. "Where is Holly?" she demands. "Sefu has her." Tau said when he ended up backed against a tree. "Take me to her." Assaggi demands as she grabs his throat.

Her senses explode when she senses Nala behind her. Spinning around, swinging her fist at Nala. Nala gets hit full force and was sent flying. Looking back at Tau, Assaggi had a cruel smile on her face. "As I said, take me." she said, this time more calm. They didn't need to be told again knowing that she may slaughter them on the spot if they didn't follow.

Nala and Tau began to lead her deeper into the jungle. Assaggi kept her guard as they walked. Her eyes looking from left to right. Smelling more tigers getting closer.

They entered a clearing that was full of bones and blood. Fresh blood.

Assaggi found an unconscious Holly laying on the ground. A bloody bite mark was on her shoulder from being dragged. Cuts and scratches were easily seen on her skin. Seeing her only human relative harmed made Assaggi's blood boil.

"Well. well. I knew you would come to save this Poacher." said to cold voice of Sefu. He appeared out of the thick bushes that were behind Holly. Blood stained his face. The sight of it infuriating Assaggi even more. "I'm just here to get her and go. Nothing else." Assaggi said sternly. She began to walk toward Holly and Sefu. Her senses exploding from all of the tigers that surrounded the clearing.

Sefu walks over Holly to block Assaggi. "I can't let you leave so soon, Assaggi." Sefu said. Assaggi crouched down, ready to attack if necessary. "Sefu, this war is no reason for the death of one of your warriors. Anyone could've killed your warrior." Assaggi tried to explain. But the way Sefu looked showed he wouldn't listen.

"A lion's scent was on my warrior's body when we found him dead!"

"So!? That could mean anything!"

"It shows you lions killed-"

"GAH!" Assaggi lost her calmness and attacked Sefu. Sinking her claws deep into his skin, biting deep into his throat. Tearing deep into the flesh and trying to expose the bone. Sefu's loud roars could be heard across the savannah from where he stood. He swung his head and bit down on Assaggi's arm. The squishing and squirting sound of blood splattering out could be heard. Instead of showing pain, Assaggi continued her assault.

Using his pained state to throw him off. Assaggi grabbed large tuffs of fur and threw him away. Quickly hurrying to Holly before he could stand. She runs to Holly and picks her up bridal style. Avoiding the open bite mark.

"If you want a battle, fine. But it's against you and me Sefu! No one else! If I win, you can't be on our lands. If you win, you can kill me. Understood?" Assaggi said boldly.

Sefu glared at her in his injured state. "Understood. I'll give you until the sun is at its highest in three days. Hope you'll be prepared." Sefu said bitterly. "Oh trust me. I'll be prepared." Assaggi stated before running off with Holly in her arms.