четырнадцать.

People do bad things in order to survive

april 1, 2014 

WASHINGTON D.C.

It's been nearly two years since Svetlana Anastasiya was murdered and brought back to the life, only to discover that she was injured in such a way that she would never heal from. With one tube forever held in her body, with one tube forever being the only reason she's alive, Svetlana and the Soldier thought she was done being the one the whispers always called the "Bloody Ballerina". Perhaps it's despicable to say that the father and daughter found this sweet sense of relief in that. The eleven year old, as she was when they were finally allowed to see each other again, would never ever have blood on her hands again. She wouldn't have to constantly feel the certain ways the bones twisted when she snapped her victims' necks. She wouldn't have to know each specific point on the human body that she could use to inflict the most amount of pain. The Soldier's daughter wouldn't ever have to take another life.

But that wasn't to be.

Just two months after they were reunited, HYDRA found a way for the girl to be able to have a nasal cannula without the oxygen tank. It was a new and advanced invention, apparently, and it would naturally filter the air for the girl, allowing her to breathe just as easily as she would if she weren't using it at all. The girl had taught herself never to cry, but she nearly broke her own rule the day they dragged her away from her father, held her writhing body down, and forced her to wear the thing that would save her, yes, but kill so many others. And so she was sent back to the beginning: to the red, to the death, to those loyal to the Red Skull.

The reign of the Bloody Ballerina has continued and Svetlana has changed. She's learnt to be cold, to fake bitterness, and to push the sweetness and purity deep down within her until it's hardly visible at all. She's stopped dancing. She's stopped learning. She's stopped asking questions. It's a way to protect herself, really. It was once said that the good always die young and Svetlana decided long ago that she is not going to die again; she is not going to leave her papa to the suffering just as he has decided he will not leave her to it either. They will live and they will suffer for each other's sake.

This is where the story of the killer and his child truly ends and the story of the man and his daughter truly begins.

The thirteen year old girl sits in the small circular shaped room as her fingers poke boredly at her opposite palms. Her morning sky eyes stare distantly off into space, trying to ignore the yellow-toned world around her. She's imagining up little worlds again, just as she has for the past year and a half now. The idea came to Svetlana when she was on a mission and she found her fifteen year old target's story journal. She knew, of course, that she isn't ever allowed to keep anything that she finds on missions, but that time she just couldn't help herself. She's rather certain that her papa didn't see her sneak it into her uniform's shirt, but, even if he did, he won't give her away.