Surprise!

Hello! Thank you so much if you are still reading this, and have not already removed this book from your libary! I love all of you for supporting me! You make my every day better! Now, without any more delay, here is your surprise one shot...
Hope you enjoy! Any feedback is welcome!

----------------------------------------------

Third POV

The man clad in his sixteen year old mint conditioned coat sat stiffly in his plain wooden chair in front of the desk, going through the files piled up in front of him. He was concentrating on the report of a new textile mill he had bought, for nearly half its original price, of course, when the door of his office opened and two small heads peeked in.

He looked up to glare at the person who dared to disturb him, but it turned out not nearly as icy as it was a few years ago. The five year old boy, stepped in with a solemn expression on his face, and his twin sister followed him in. The man silently continued his work as the twins stationed themselves on either sides of his chair and looked at the pile of files on the desk with awe.

Hardly a couple of seconds had passed when the girl spoke up. "What are you doing, daddy?"

"Working."

"Oh! Can I also help? Momma says that I am also very smart."

The boy, who had been looking at the files in the cabinet beside him, turned to his sister and announced gravely, "No, mother said that I am more integelint than you, so only I can help daddy. You don't even know that M comes before N, and not after."

The girl pulled out her tiny tongue at her brother and turned to the man, who was quietly ignoring their daily banter and continuing his work.

"Daddy! He is lying! Tell Chris that I am more smart, so only I will help you!" She looked at him with her big sea green eyes, like his own, and pulled her lips into a pout.

The boy pushed his thick black hair out of his brown eyes and narrowed them at his sister. He knew that whenever she would look at her parents like that, they were most likely to take her side. Not fair!

The man looked up from his file and almost sighed. Keyword being almost. His usually icy expression, or rather lack of expression wavered for 0.00638 second as he considered telling both of them to not disturb him and go and play outside, but another part of him, which had surfaced when he had taken both of them in his arms for the first time, told him to answer his daughter and end their banter already. It had the added benefit of not being disturbed and saving his time. After all, knowledge is power is time is money.

"Both of you are equally smart, no matter what your mother told you. And, Christopher, the word is intelligent, not integelint."

The boy nodded his head at his father's words with the most grave expression on his face, his sharp mind already filing away the piece of information for later use.

Turning to his daughter, he spoke,"Annabeth, as I am currently able to manage my work adequately, there will be no need for you to help me." He looked at the girl, whose expression had turned sullen, from a hopeful one, and added,"Perhaps you can help me when you are older."

The girl looked up her father, tears already forming in her eyes, collecting faster than a debtor running from Mr. Ambrose, and a single tear slid down her chubby cheek. The man panicked at the sight of tears in his daughter's eyes, and pulled her close to him.

"But I wantyu to help you now! I am also big girl! Mommy said that I have to grow up and work hard like you, and become rish! I wantyu work now!"

The man silently wiped her tears with his nine year old handkerchief and patted her back awkwardly to console her.