MEET MY FRIENDS

TWO WEEKS LATER

Today is the presentation day and we have to present our project in front of the class. I went to Mike's house last Sunday and we made our speech and rehearsed it many times. I was kind of looking forward to it.

"Okay next we have Mike and Veronica..."Mr. Wood shouted. Mike and I  went there and gave our speech and handed our project to sir.

"It didn't go as bad as I expected it to be"Mike said sitting right next to me. We both have become really good friends. He exchanged his sit with James. James was kind of surprised at first as he knew about the whole bullying thing. It was really unexpected for both of us to become this close in such a short period of time. He told me he wants me to meet someone and I assumed that he wants me to meet his friends and have a introduction to his gang. I told all of this to Clara as usual she started overreacting first but then she understood the fact that everything will be fine. I introduced Clara to Mike on Sunday when we went to his house. They were exchanging weird and awkward glances at each other like they aee hiding something but other than that they were good in terms and didn't show any kind of hatred.

During the break time I was with Clara. Mike came up to both of us and said that he wanted us to be introduced to his group. I was kind of freaked out. I mean his gang has always bullied me so now it is quiet awkward to get introduced to them as "friends" My expression kind of revealed my uneasiness, he looked at me and assumed what the tension was about. 

"You need to know Veronica, past is past. I regret what I did with you. You are one hell of a person. Anyone would be lucky to have you. Don't worry. Come on"he said and I was actually shocked with this mini Ted talk but it was kind of weird listening to all of this from him.

"Okay."I said acting like a dumb person. (as usual)

He started walking and we went towards the ground area where the football practice was being held. I saw his friends. Nick, Kevin, Zack and Jacob. Clara and I  sat on the bench and Mike went to call his friends. I knew Nick from middle school. He was really sweet to me and we were good friends but when he found his gang we stopped talking. Zack and Jacob are 'players' of our school they only talk to girls who concern them. They all came towards us. Kevin's eyes met mine and he smiled. Like genuinely smiled. 

"Guys meet Veronica and Clara. The new members of our group." Mike said. Wait, what? when did that happen? New members of his group?

"Hey tiny pie, nice to meet you again."Nick said. and gave me a side hug and then started talking to Clara. Zack, Jacob and Kevin just shook there hands and smiled to both of us. This is very awkward for me. Just few days ago they used to bully me and now they are being so sweet. I don't really understand boys they have serious mental issues. 

"Okay, What about a get together? It will be fun now that we all have introduced ourselves. We could get to know each other." Mike said.

"Ya sure, good idea." Nick said picking up his football.

"Okay cool, how about this Sunday?" Zack asked.

"No issues with me." I said shrugging.

"Okay cool then, my house at Sunday." Zack said.

This is weird.