Chapter 26 (Two Years Later)

FAITH POV: "Honey that looks beautiful!" I smile as Audrey walks out, absolutely glowing. 

"I don't know... I kind of feel like this is a bit too crazy for us, don't you think?" She says, looking at the white dress in the mirror. 

"Faith, you love every single dress she puts on..." Josh says. 

"Maybe that's because she's so damn gorgeous." I respond. Audrey rolls her eyes and runs back to the dressing room. "I can't believe she's getting married..." I say, thinking about how quickly time flies. 

"Me too." He says, putting his arm around me. 

"Hey! I'm sorry I'm late. I literally just got off the plane from Sacramento. Any luck?" Tim says, running in the bridal shop. 

"Not yet. She's trying another dress on right now." I say. I hear heels and see her round the corner. She looks absolutely stunning. 

"Dad! When did you get here?" She asks, completely distracted from how amazing she looks. 

"Just now. Darlin' you look beautiful." He says, smiling bright. 

"That's it." Is all I say, cut short by tears. She turns and looks in the mirror and smiles. 

"Mom, stop! You're going to make me cry." She says, wiping away small tears from her eyes. Josh squeezes me around the waist. 

"Audrey, that is stunning." Josh says. She smiles. 

"I'm gettin' married!" Audrey says. "This all feels so real now..." She says, looking back at us. I look over to Tim who has a few tears slipping. I smile. 

"You ready yet?" Josh says, covering his eyes as he walks in the room. 

"Yeah!" I say, putting on my last earring. He uncovers his eyes and drops his jaw. 

"Woah..." He says. 

"What do you think? CMA worthy?" I ask, smiling and doing a 360 pageant turn for him. 

"Oh hell yeah." He says. "Faith, you're beautiful." I smile and grab my bag. "Not to mention, you look insanely sexy." He adds. I give him a look and he laughs as we walk down to the car. 

Tim's going tonight too. We've gotten used to these award shows since we officially parted. We've learned to just smile and laugh through the whole thing. The ACM awards post-party was actually where I met Josh. I've always heard about his songwriting and heard his songs on the radio, but I had never met him in person before. Tim was actually the one who introduced us, because they did a writing session together. Things aren't awkward anymore when all three of us are around. It just kind of works for us. 

"You look gorgeous." Tim says lightly as I step out of the black Suburban. 

"Why thank you." I say smiling. Audrey's here with Trey. That makes Tim the only one without a date. Part of me feels bad, but he owns it. It's not like anyone wouldn't date him or anything, he just prefers to focus on himself and Audrey at this point. 

"Tim! Tim, could we have a brief word with you?" A reporter begs. Tim looks at me and smiles. 

"I guess I'll see you guys in there." He says, running over to the reporter. Katie Cook from CMT calls me and Josh over to speak with her, and Audrey joins in. 

"You both look absolutely stunning tonight!" She says to Audrey and I.

"Thank you! You too." Audrey and I say in unison. We've both pretty much been trained lately for these things.