Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I stood at the doorway not knowing what to say. Hug him, invite him in, or just wait to see what he does. I went with the most comfortable choice, the first one. I went in to hug him and he grabbed my waist and pulled me in. I felt a little awkward so I didn't put my arms around his neck but instead just around his chest. Then I did the third choice. "Do you wanna come in" I asked.
" nah let's just go"
" where are we going"
" in my car" he said. I laughed
" no, I mean where are we going"
" I know. It's a surprise" he grabbed my hand and pulled me with him as he walked to his car. He opened the passenger car door and I got in and then he got in. We drove down the street and into town. Then we came to a stop. We were in a dark alley and he turned the car off. I told him about my fear of the dark.
" this will make it more fun then" I got a little scared. What did he mean. He got out of the car and went to my side and opened the door for me. I slowly got out. " come on follow me" he said and he grabbed my hand again. We walked to the end if the alley and there was a ladder going up. The ladder was on a restaurant. " ladies first"
" we're climbing the ladder"
" yes " he smirked and let go of my hand. I looked at him and he nodded. I started climbing the ladder until I was at the top and climbed onto the roof of the restaurant. Jay was right behind me. When he got to the top he put his hand on my back and guided me in a direction. Then I saw there was a blanket on the roof top with some candy bars on it.
" what is this, did you do this" I turned towards jay. He turned his head and put his hand on his neck then turned back.
" ya, I thought you'd like to look at the stars."
" this is beautiful" I was truly amazed and then I laid on the blanket and he laid beside me. He gave me one of the two candy bars and we ate them together. We looked at the stars and pointed at what we saw.
I no your probably wondering why the hell would I hang with this guy after meeting him once but if you saw him you'd understand.
There was an awkward silence for a while and the only noise was our lips smacking from the candy bars.
" so what else do you remember us doing when we were younger"
" I just can't believe you don't remember"
" I was little I don't remember a lot of things"
" we'll one time we went to the watersides and you pee'd on one of the rides, then no one could go on that ride for 10mins."
" sounds like something I would do" I smiled " what else"
" ummm... Oh one time I was pushing you on the swing and you jumped off while you were in the air and landed straight on your face"
" why are all of these embarrassing stories about me, what about you?"
He laughed for a while and then stopped to think of another story.
" we'll there was this one time I was on the tilt- a - whirl with you and puked right on your lap. You screamed and begged them to get off but they wouldn't stop it until the end of the ride"
" eww gross" I chuckled. " what happened?"
" your mom took you to the bath-"
" no, I mean what happened to us, why did you leave." He got red really fast and was quiet for a while, almost like he was trying to think of an excuse.
" I- uh- I don't know" is all he said
" of course you know, I mean it sounded like we had a lot of fun, so why did it end"
" everything has an end, and I guess we were just on a really long break, because we haven't ended yet, I mean we found each other now."
I like that, Everything has an end, not only was it perfect but it was true.
" ya I guess" he was making it sound like we are going to get married. I just met him and all I have is a little crush not a massive obsession.

We ended the night short. He took me home and told me he had a good time and smiled his crooked smile and walked back to his car.
My parents did not wake up to check on me, thank goodness. I looked at my phone and it is 10:30. I ate a late snack at the table and then noticed some papers. I grabbed them and look through them as I ate my cereal in the dim light of the kitchen. My eyes stopped on a name that was unmissable, the paper read.
THE COURT HAS RELEASED JAY T CLARK FROM JAIL, FOR LORYN S HAMILTON HAS GAVE THE PERMISSION TO DO SO. That is as far as I could read. I was afraid that if I read any farther I would find out why mom didn't want me in the room when jay came over and I really didn't want to know. I couldn't believe what I just read. Jay went to jail, what did he do, what could he do, he's sweeter then a sour patch kid. I put the papers down and stuffed the rest of the cereal down my throat. After I was done washing my dirty dish I went up to my room and got my p.j's on and slipped into bed. I tried to imagine why jay went to jail. Maybe he stole something, maybe he beat someone up or didn't pay his speeding ticket. Maybe he went to jail and it was a mistake, maybe they mistaken him for the wrong guy. I was trying really hard to stay positive, but negative thoughts went trough my mind. Maybe he was drinking while driving, he was doing drugs or he could have raped someone. I don't know what I was suppose to think. But I'm pretty sure I know why he never stayed.