5

Hi! Sorry I haven't updated in 35949392628 years haha...

+

I get up early this morning. I've got allies, now I need to actually train. I eat a big breakfast and rush down to the gym.

Only 4 other people are there when I get there: districts 1, 2, and Belle.

I head towards weapon making, where, hence the name, you learn to make weapons to defend yourself without going to the cornucopia. I make a slingshot and a crappy spear, and kill a fake fish in a fake pond.

Everything seems fake here.

Next I head to the survival stations, then weapons.

I train all day, ignoring my allies, which seems fine to them. They talk amongst themselves as I climb the ropes course.

+

After training, I head back up to my room on floor 7 and collapse onto my bed. Today was very taxing, it feels like all of the energy has been drained from my body via my bloodstream and I'm left, just a energy-less lump trying my best to fall asleep.

And the Games are two days away...

Oh, god. I hope Maple is okay. But why would I ask that? Of course she isn't. Her ex killed her only parent left, and her sister is in the Hunger Games. I'd be surprised if she wasn't in hysterics crying right now.

I take a deep, shuddering breath, trying to keep from crying, but to no avail. Tears slip relentlessly down my cheeks and onto the soft pillow case. I put my hands over my eyes, and feel blisters on my hands from training today. How much have I put myself through?

I don't even know what I'll do for final training! I did everything today, every station, every skill, everything I could possibly learn and I have no specialty.

I'm such an idiot.

I push myself up onto my elbows and stare and the wall in front of me. The clock on my bedside table says 9:30. I wish I could fall asleep this early. Curse my night owl ways.

Advantages, Hazel. Think of your advantages.

I take another deep, shuddering breath, and count my advantages in my head.

1. I can climb trees quickly.

2. I can go a day or two without food.

3. I can sort of wield an axe.

4. I can swim.

Swimming...

I cover my face with my hands again. Dad taught me to swim. In that tiny pond that's barely 5 feet deep and 20 feet across, he taught me to swim when I was around 5 or 6.

Strengths, Hazel. Crying does nothing. Focus.

I sit up, facing the wall, and list my strengths.

1. I can sort of wield an axe.

2. Swimming.

3. Tree climbing.

I slip under the sheets of my bed and try to fall asleep.

Once I do, this world slips away, into another.

I dream about winning.

++

I sit straight up, my breathing heavy. It was just a nightmare... a horrible, horrible nightmare.