3 ~ lonely

"I called a few times last night.... why didn't you answer?" Lyndsey asked.

"I, uh, I fell asleep right when I got home. Sorry babe." I kissed her cheek.

"Really? Then why did my dad pick you and Luna up at 1 in the morning on the side of the road in her car?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"I can explain,"

"Oh really! You can explain why you just lied straight to my face?" She started to raise her voice, and I looked around to see if anyone was listening.

"We went to the library so she could tutor me more and then when we left she was taking me home and her car broke down and we fell asleep waiting for someone to stop and help us."

"Is that all that happened?" She asked, anger in her voice.

"Yes-"

"Then why did you have to lie about it if it was such an innocent situation?"

"I knew you would get mad, I know you don't like her for some reason-"
She interrupted me and raised her voice, stepping closer to me.
"Some reason? Dylan you spend every second with her, and she's clearly a slut considering she is messing around with my boyfriend. I don't not like her, I hate her." She stopped to take a breath, and looked around. Suddenly I spotted Luna talking to some guy, probably a sophomore, she was smiling and laughing. Lynsey saw her the same time I did and I knew what she was about to do.

Lyndsey turned around and started walking quickly towards Luna.
"Lyndsey don't!" I yelled, grabbing her arm. She yanked it away and continued pacing.

"Hey luna!" She yelled. Luna looked over and ignored her at first. Lyndsey finally reached her and yelled.
"Hey bitch! I was talking to you. Listen, Dylan is taken, he's my boyfriend. He loves me and not you. Stop screwing around wth him or I swear to god-"
Lyndsey stepped closer each time, waving her hands around.

"Me messing around with him!? I'm his tutor Lyndsey. I could care less what you think about me, I'm trying to help him. You need to get over your insecurities and really think about how you can not be that crazy raging bitch of a girlfriend. Unlike you, I'm trying to graduate high school and have a life after, not focusing on some dumb boys." Emphasis on the word dumb, she looked at me right as she said that.

"Oh you're getting-" I finally got in between them, putting my hand in front of both of them to calm them down.

"Stop. I'm serious Lyndsey." I gave her a look of anger, and disappointment, and stared at her with it.

"I'm done." Luna said, shoving my hand away from her and storming off.

"Lyndsey, we're done. I can't deal with this." I said, and chased after Luna.

She was walking faster than I could run, but I finally caught up to her.
"Luna I'm so sorry, her dad was the sheriff that picked us up last night and he told her." I said, out of breath.

"Dylan you need to find someone else to tutor you. I didn't think this would come with so much drama and stress and incase you haven't noticed I'm not that kind of girl." She said, fighting back tears, her voice cracking. I reached out to hug her but she slapped me.