Chapter Twenty-Four - What He Lost

Sheetal came out of the washroom all drained out. She wasn't even able to walk properly. It was by holding the furniture which came in her way, that she somehow managed to get to the bed.

Groaning in pain, she sat on it carefully and was about to pour herself some water when she noticed a note on the table.

Frowning, she took in her hands and opened it.

Hamare Arnavji se door rehna warna abhi tak jo kuch bhi hua...woh kaala powder, woh bijli ka jhatka aur ab tumhari yeh halat...iss sab ko ek trailer samajna! Agar apni harkaton se baaz nahi aayi toh hum poori movie dikha dengen.

(Stay away from my Arnavji otherwise everything that happened till now...that black powder, that electric shock and now this condition of yours...consider all this a trailer! If you don't stop with your cheap actions, I will show you the whole movie.)

Her eyes widened in shock and horror at the content of the letter but she didn't get anymore time to react as she felt another attack in her stomach.

"Crap!" She muttered rushing the washroom not wanting hell to break loose. 

Hiding behind the door, NK could only guffaw at her face. 

"Told you it would work." He grinned at Arnav who shook his head with a smile, remembering the cheesy words NK had written on the note. 

"She's gone." Was all Arnav could exclaim as they retreat away from her room. 

"Okay now, enough ruining the night behind her. Let's get some sleep." 

"Yeah, of course." NK nodded, yawning and stretching his arms. "After all we'll need some energy to ruin her day tomorrow. Okay, Good night Nannav." 

Patting Arnav's shoulder, he walked away, leaving the latter to chuckle at his words for a few seconds before he started tracing the path to his room too. 

The air was cold and unwelcoming when he walked in and he gulped, closing the door behind him to stare at the room that no longer seemed like his anymore. It no longer felt like home. The reason being that it was deprived from every memory of his Khushi. 

He sighed, feeling a new wave of anger as he strode to his bed and took the picture of Khushi from under his pillow, his heart soothing at her sight. 

Three days after he started his act, he remembered Sheetal growing way too confident in what rights she held as she sent all the stuffs of Khushi in the store room, stating that he needed to be away from her memories so he could heal. 

Hell would have broken loose that day if NK hadn't been there to remind him of his goal and suppressing his combusting rage, he had silently agreed to Sheetal before sending all the stuffs of Khushi to Neha's house, not wanting to disrespect his wife's memories like that. He sent everything, except for a picture of her smiling face which he kept for his own survival, for it was hard, in fact impossible to spend a day without seeing her.