Chapter One: Ordinary

I know that I am not an ordinary fifteen year old girl. I do some ordinary things that may be simple to other people, like riding a bicycle or reading. Those things are hard for me , though. Another thing, for instance, is walking. Definitely walking. I have walking canes that help me walk. Some people think they are cool but after a few years of people saying: "Hey! Your canes are super cool!" it kind of just gets really annoying.

I try to see myself like other people do, but it's really hard. People always want to know what happened to me. They wonder if I got shot or severely broke my leg. No. I was born like this. Not without a leg, if that's what you were thinking. I was born and the doctors could tell right away I had Cerebral Palsy. Apparently it was so severe in my right leg that I had to have a 'leg mutation' which is when you get a body part cut off and stitched together.

I know ordinary kids don't get stared at wherever they go. That people don't do the 'talk behind the hand' thing. They think I can't see them whispering but it's evident. My brother usually gets on to them for it, but its embarrassing when your seventeen year old brother has to yell at a bunch of little kids for staring at your leg. Besides, my brother goes off to college next year, he won't always be around to give them a piece of his mind. I have to stand up for myself sometime.

**********

Sorry for the short chapter! This is my first story and I promise that most of the chapters to follow will be longer. I hope you all enjoy it and please vote!