Demons of the Past

The morning came all too slow because I couldn't get into a deep sleep. It was the feeling of what was to come on the way to Ellemera and at the great elven city. I was going to meet the queen! And not only is she the ruler of the elves but she is non-other than Arya. I heard great stories about the once great ambassador and now great queen. She was a hero of most all battles in the Great War and close friend to the great Shadeslayer. I couldn't wait to meet her and be mentored by her.

However first I'll have to survive hell on the way there. Not that the journay is going to be hard its only three days walk, two days for us since we have wagons. But its hell because of who is going to be going with me. Rodic. The name makes me feel bitter sweet. I feel greatful to him because I was bullied as a kid but he came to my reascue. However it also makes my blood boil from the anger of the day he gave up on our friendship.

----------Flashback-----------

"Hey Fang want to go to the woods today? We can practice our archery." asked Rodic.

The offer sounded tempting and he knows I love to practice my archery, but I can't dad needs me at the forge. "Sorry Rodic I can't. Dad needs me to work the forge today.

"Thats all you do now is work the forge. Are you avoiding me now or something?" anger dripping from every word.

"No Rodic you know if I could go I would and you know I never turn down a chance to practice my archery skills. My dad seriously needs me since his apprentice left to go to a bigger town."

"Fine well could we hang out in a few days?" Rodic asked.

"No Dad still needs me in the forge. Sorry Rodic but he needs me his job isn't easy and this town is in need of a lot of goods from us." I tried to get him to understand but I could tell I was getting no where for now.

"Fine talk to me when you can, you'll know where I'll be." Rodic said his voice full of hate.

-------------End of Flashback---------

Of course I never got anytime to see him so we just stopped talking. He wouldn't even pay me any attention if we walked by on the street. I asked my dad if I could have a day off to try and fix things and be a kid but he needed my help to fill the orders and keep everything from backing up. It just couldn't happen so I had to give up my only friendship.

I don't blame my dad I never could we had to do something to live and get money to support us. Plus it wasn't his falt that is apprentice walked out on him to go to a bigger town just to get more pay. I wasn't in the wrong, my dad wasn't in the wrong and Rodic was just confused plus he is rash thats how he always got into fights with the other kids so quickly. It's also how we first became friends. The kids would pick on me because for some reason I had abnormaly white hair thats now a blond. Thankfully, I hated my white hair.

----------------Flashback--------------

The kids just use to avoid me probley because their parents told them to. White hair wasn't common so adults thought I was some sort of bad omend. However the 'bully' of our town decied to show the kids I was nothing to fear and beat me one day for being different.

From then on out the kids never left me alone. They went out of their way to attack me weither the damage was metal or phyiscal. One day the 'bully' decided to put me in my place so beat me till I was on the ground in a ball. Then I saw his fist coming down to finish me off only to be stop by a small hand.

-------------------End of Flashback--------------

Long beating short Rodic stood up for me and taught the bully a lesson with a few cheap shots but I won't complain. After that Rodic never left my side and the bully never bothered me again. An elf entered my room and knocked before entering.

"We are ready to leave when you are."

"Thank you for telling me I'll be out in a secound."

He nodded and left. I don't have to pack my stuff I did that last night so I won't waste a minute on the way there. I guess all I really have to do is say bye to my dad.

"Dad the elves are ready to go so I'm here to say bye."

"Well then see ya later son. I'm really proud of you, now I can brag to people that my son is a dragon rider." he said chuckling.

"Wait dad what are you going to do since i won't be here anymore? Who will help you work the forge?"

"Don't worry someone from the city of Carvahall is coming to help me it's all been taken care of." he told me reasuringly.

"Well then see you later after my training." I went up to him and he grasped my forearm as our good bye. Then he pulled into a hug knowing he won't be seeing for a long time finally hitting him.

"Son I give you my blessing use it well." he said his eyes watering.

"Thank you dad. See you when I'm fully a rider. Good bye." I then turned went out the door and didn't look back knowing I will brake down. I continue to the caravan to get ready to go. "I'm ready to leave when you guys are."

"Ok were just waiting on Rodic to come then we will be off." an elf woman said.

Well he better hurry the soon we get there the better. He knows seeing an elven city is my biggest dream.

"Hey what are we all standing around for lets get going the sooner the better." a deep voice said.

I quicly turned around to see who it was. It was Rodic. The only thing that gave it away was the the long scar from the bottom of his right eye down to his chin. He had gotten this one day in the woods when his bow string came loose from the top of the bow which then lashed him on the cheek cutting the skin.

"Rodic is that you?"

"Yea, what's the matter Fang? Don't remeber your best friend?" he said sarcasum dripping off of every word.

"Well maybe I would if someone wouldn't be so rash and impulsive." I stated knowing I would hit a nerve.

"Whatever, lets just get going." he states walking to the front of the caravan. This is going to be a long trip.