♥ Excerpts and Author's Note

【αυтнσя'ѕ ησтє: Before we get to the excerpts, in case you are confused, "La Douleur Exquise" is formerly known as "Lost and Loss". I think the title fits the Fanfiction well, but you can tell me if you think that another title fits it better.
Feel free to check out the new description! Although it might also change in the future as well.】

【єχ¢єяρтѕ】

The leaves rustled outside noisily as the harsh gust of wind travels wildly in the area. The curtains with the color of the night danced along with the unruly wind. The vast sky above had no clouds dotted around nor any twinkle of the stars and only the full moon shone down.

Hushed whispered circulated in the fancy grand hall but everyone and everything fell into silence as soon as they heard the sounds produced by the collision of heels and the polished tiles and then it came to a stop in front of the crowds consisting of well-known people dressed in their most elaborate formal attires. 

It was as if the temperature dropped with her presence but at the same time, salty beads trickled down their temples.

Her sharp gaze subtly scanned the crowd and then she mentally scoffed, already knowing that she's just wasting her time by being there. Nonetheless, she placed a fake sweet smile on her perfectly lush lips coated with nothing but its natural pink color. Her mouth opened and tingles of tension, pressure, and pleasure all at once were felt by everyone who heard her voice.

"A pleasant evening to you all who have graciously provided your precious time for this event."

There wasn't anything pleasant in that evening aside from her incredibly alluring appearance.

═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ═════

Their hands trembled slightly at the anticipation of finally being able to eat one of her dishes. They have heard countless descriptions of it from extremely well-known people in the culinary world and they consist of only the most lavish praises.

One of them gulped a few times, trying to stop their drool. Another has held their breath as they slowly bring the spoon close to their lips. The last one bit their lower lips hard before opening it once more. And then all at the same time, they finally tasted the dish they have been dreaming of.

And no words could ever express anything and everything they have tasted, felt, seen, experienced at that very moment. Once they have all gulped down the spoonful of the dish and blabbered incoherent words that are probably praises for the dish, they passed out on their chairs with pleasure-filled faces.

It was already obvious who won that Shokugeki but nobody could ever bring their hands up to applaud for her overwhelming victory.

They had no idea that...

═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ═════

 He ran his nimble fingers through his rainy white medium-length hair that was styled a little more formally for the sake of this private meeting between two families. His icy white eyes glanced at the four adults happily chatting with each other from his peripheral vision before it went back to the lady sitting across him.