Chapter 3: Soulmates

• Dedicated to Annastasia

Soulmates

I know what this meant 'He's my print'. We find them by placing our right hand on a piece of glass, wether it be a window, shard or mirror and if our heart that we make lights up with an aura blue after another person places their right hand on top of yours, it means you have found your print. In other words your soulmate 'The One'.
"Cres-". I say softly before he interupts me. "Shhh." he says whilst he runs his fingers down my blood red coloured lips. "Don't say it, I know what you're going to say, I know it was a long time ago but I promised myself I would find you one day Annastasia and do my best to protect you no matter what...and now I have! I-". Before he could finish his sentence I snapped "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you, and now you show up out of the blue, by breaking into my house? It's too late, Crescent...I have a boyfriend." I could tell Cres was shocked by my attitude because there was a silence that lasted for a few minutes, the Ann he knew was quiet, kind and way too pure and innocent to shout, interupt or say anthing that might hurt that person's feelings. To be honest I was quite shocked myself, I'm not usually like this...I guess somthing inside of me was so sad it became angry, because I've been searching for him for years, but gave up because I knew it was time to move on. But now that he's here, I don't know what I feel anymore...I love my boyfriend, Drake...but Crescent is my soulmate!
The silence broke when a tear dropped on the carpet floor, I looked up to see Cres tearing up. "B-but you cant!" He commands with a slight hesitation. "Why can't I?" I reply with my voice raging into a storm...but then I faultered at the last word when he quickly said those three speacial words. "Because, I love you!" Cres finally able to get those words out, his face turns emotionless as he puts an end to the tears. "But like you said it's too late now." And with that he dissapeared. Great, Drakes mad at me and now my soulmate? I'm really not good with the whole lovey dovey stuff am I? ~Sigh~ I pick up my bags and head up the stairs to my room, I take a minute to clear my head before I walk into my black and white wallpapered room, with pigeon blood coloured curtains tied back on both sides of my window facing out onto to the lake, with the sun beaming on the surface making it shimmer and shine.
I bring my feet up onto my cozy bed after opening the window to enjoy the feeling of the sunlight dancing on my cheeks, until a burst of warm wind comes from nowhere, and not the warm winds you get on a hot day or from the heater, the ones you get from inside of you when your 'lover boy' is near. I drop my book 'The Sixteen Year Old Vampire' and quickly walk to the window and find Cres levitating off the ground so that his eyes are just able to see through the window. "So I was thinking, since noones here, maybe I could just chill for a while." I glare at him as a sign telling him 'Not a chance'. "But then I had a better Idea, why don't I just take you with me?" My eyes widen in alert, what's that suppose to mean? "What-" before I could finish my sentence everything turns pitch black.