Chapter 16: Secrets And Fun

Hiccup, Jack, Rapunzel, Merida and the other guardians stayed at Berk for the meantime. Merida went off to see other dragons, so was Rapunzel. Jack’s jaw drop in amazement, but North, Tooth, Bunnymund and Sandy had to go for guardian duties, and look an eye on Elsa. “We got to head off mate, we might don’t know Pitch is already at your workshop,” Bunnymund said. 

 “Okay then, everyone to the sleigh!” North pointed his sleigh. “Oh, except for the four of you,” North continued. “No, no I am not going in that!” Bunnymund fussed. “Bunny you suggested that we should get going,”Tooth smirked. “Yeah but-” before Bunnymund could say a word he was cut of f by Jack, “Yeah Kangaroo, sleigh is faster than your tunnels.” Bunnymund was offended by Jack’s word, now he remembered at Elsa and had an idea in mind. “Look who likes Elsa,” Bunnymund teasingly said. “Oh yeah, kangaroo,” they both glared at each other. “Ye guys should stop yapping at each other ye know,” Merida interrupted. “He started it!” they both shouted in unison and pointed at each other. “Yeah-yeah whatever,” Merida rolled her eyes. “Come on Bunny everyone loves the sleigh,” North commented. Bunnymund stared at the sleigh for a moment but went on nervously, they waved goodbye and head off to North’s workshop.

 Hiccup on the other hand, he stayed home, he stared at his father’s horned helmet. He was to pained inside, he was blaming all to himself leaving them behind. “I should have stayed here buddy,” Hiccup sighed as he patted Toothless’s head. “I could have protected dad and Astrid,” he continued. His eyes downcast, Toothless went near him and comforted. 

 “It’s not your fault Hiccup,” a familiar voice said, he looked back and saw the image of Elsa. He wiped his eyes in disbelief; she was not wearing her crystallize dress, her hair was not braided instead she was wearing an armor and her hair was into a bun. “Elsa?” he asked his mind was confused, she smiled at him and nodded. “Bu-but you’re suppose to be at N-North’s workshop? And how did you get here?” Hiccup asked. “Someone told me you needed help, and I had a little help from someone I don’t know,” she answered. He stared at her weirdly which Elsa gave a uncomfortable look. 

 “Elsa, you look different, I mean from a queen to a warrior like. It’s kinda cool,” Hiccup commented, while raising his brow. “ I know right?” Toothless went near Elsa and she patted his head, Hiccup stared at Toothless, “It’s the first time I saw Toothless trusted someone easily besides me.” Elsa smiled at him then it faded. “Hiccup don’t tell the others about me being here,” she warned. “What do you mean?” Hiccup asked now his mind was even more confused than before. “I’ll help you guys but I will hid myself from the shadows.”

 “Wait- what?” Hiccup raised his brow. Elsa giggled and looked at him then to Toothless, “Just promise me you won’t tell them,” she held his shoulder. He nodded and smiled then was startled, someone knocked at the door it was Jack shouting, “Hiccup! You don’t need to cry!” Hiccup pouted while Elsa giggled patting Hiccup’s back. “Time for me to go,” Elsa whisper-yelled and ran upstairs. Hiccup took a deep breath and slowly walked to the door, Jack was still knocking hard. When Hiccup opened the door he received a fist at his face, it was Jack who did not realize he opened the door. Jack innocently apologized, “Oops, sorry bud. I thought you were not going to open it.”

 “Bud?” Hiccup raised his brow while covering his nose but his lips were forming into a smile. “Yeah, were only the guys in these group you know,” Jack said. “Yeah,” Hiccup nodded. They heard a squeal, it was Rapunzel running after a dragon and yelling,”Hey! Come back! I just want to touch you!” she was followed by Merida who was mad,” Give me back me bow dragon!” she yelled from the top of her lungs.

 Jack and Hiccup started to laugh, but Hiccup ran after the girls and made the dragon calm down. Jack flew to where Hiccup and the girls were standing, and they were already arguing. “Guys, we should stop fighting remember we have a mission,” Jack calmed them down but they did not mind him. Jack sighed and face palmed, “Okay that’s it, remember guys Elsa is hurt because of Pitch,” they stopped from arguing but Hiccup stared at Jack thinking something from his head. They waited for a couple of second for him to respond but Rapunzel and Merida started poking him which he came back from reality. “Sorry just thinking of something,” Hiccup excused. Merida, Rapunzel and Jack gaped at him and raised their brow. “Really?” Merida stated, Hiccup can see that they can sense that he was lying.

 “Okay this is awkward. It’s already dark want to fetch some dinner?” Hiccup asked to break their stare from him, they all nodded and went through the forest. As they walk, Hiccup's eyes were searching for Elsa. "She's with us right?" he whispered to Toothless. The Night Furry nodded and continued to walk. They went to a nearby river and captured fresh fishes, there was fun all the time racing for capturing many fishes in a basket until all grew tired. They rested for a moment thinking the possibilities. "I wish Elsa could be here, she's missing all the fun," Jack started. They all look at him and laughed. "What?!" Jack raised his brow. "Nothing we were just laughing how you really liked Elsa," Rapunzel replied she was giving a teasing grin to Jack.

"Hey! Why would you think I like Elsa," Jack said, Hiccup knew he does'nt know his feelings towards Elsa. "Let's just head back," Hiccup suggested, he stood up and everyone also followed. Hiccup smiled which everyone looked at him weirdly, " Hiccup ye okay lad?" Merida asked. 

"Yeah I'm fine just wandering about something," Hiccup replied. He was thing about Elsa,she could have been following them for the whole moment and heard about what Jack said, he was happy; he only knew Elsa was here, but sad at the meantime he can't keep on lying all the time and everyone will find out soon.