Chapter 2

¤Will¤

Will popped back into the infirmary to check on Nico. "Good, he's asleep." Will sighed in relief. He went over to his bed and began checking his bandages and temperature and stuff. He brushed his black hair away from his closed eyes. Then he saw his black shirt with the skull.

"It's ripped." Will muttered as he examined it. So Will searched for an orange camp shirt for Nico. Then he set off to find jeans that would fit him. Once he had both he set it next to Nico. He wrote a note and then got ready to help the other patients.

"First patient... Clarisse." Will looked around for the brunette. He made a little check next to her name. "Guess that she doesn't like dessert." He said smiling. Then he went to search for her.

At first, the search was difficult. But after a while he spotted her. "Clarisse! You still have to be in the infirmary! Your bone is still broke- oh..." Will paused at the sight of Clarisse and Chris next to the sandy beaches that had once been Percy's favorite hangout.

"Never mind." Will mumbled as he ran off. "Should've known I guess..." He said somewhat embarrassed as he went back to the infirmary. When he got there he saw Nico holding the orange shirt, a look of disgust in his face.

"What? Don't like the color?" Will asked innocently as Nico jumped, his hand jumping to the knife on his belt, but upon realizing that it wasn't there and that it was only him, he lowered his hand. "Good morning Death Boy." Will said grinning.

"Do not call me Death Boy." Nico said glaring. "Uh-huh. Well go ahead and change!" Will said crossing his arms and resting his weight on one leg. "No. I'd rather be-"

"You'd rather put it on, doctors orders." Will countered. "How is that-"

"Doctor orders." Will repeated. Nico sighed as he went to the bathroom. Will sat on the bed, waiting for Nico to come back. When he did he looked uncomfortable. He held his elbow and he had a red tint in his pale cheeks.

"I don't like this I'll change back." He said, heading back to the bathroom. "Woah, hold on Ghost King. No changing back." Will said as he grabbed onto his hand. "We're going to breakfast. You must be starving!" Will said, pulling Nico along.

"I'm not hungry!" Nico said through gritted teeth. "You have to eat." Will countered. Nico sighed and allowed Will to pull him along. "Now eat." Wil ordered as he sat Nico down on the Hades table. "You aren't supposed to be here, go away!" Nico hissed.

Will pouted and sat next to him. "Why not? Annabeth is sitting with Percy!" Will complained. "That's them! You have to go back to the Apollo table." Nico said.

"But you're my patient so I have to take care of you, so eat!" Will said back. Nico grabbed an apple and took a bite out of it. "There. Happy?" He growled. "No. You need more food than that. Look how thin you are!" Will said poking his stomach. "Ow..." Nico said wincing.

"What another wound?" Will asked amazed. "No." Nico said turning and eating his apple. "Oh c'mon. How come I didn't see this before?" Will said as he grabbed Nico's others arm. He examined a small bleeding wound, openly bleeding. "I told you already, I'm fine!" Nico protested.

Will pulled out a band-aid and put it on Nico's reluctant arm. Once it was done Nico went back to fake eating. "So someone told me that you like Happy Meals. Who would've known that-" Nico turned red, "-Death Boy likes Happy Meals?" Will said, not looking at Nico but instead at Chiron who was finally looking up from his bottled water.

He looked over at Will and realized that he wasn't at his table. "Uh... remember Death Boy, don't raise the dead!" He said slipping away. Nico groaned at his nickname. Will smiled before sitting next to his half-brothers and sisters. He looked over at Nico and then he started eating the food that appeared before him. He risked a glance at Chiron and was relieved to see he wasn't angry.

After eating he stood up and went to the infirmary. "Will! What are you doing?" A fellow camper yelled at him. "Going to the infirmary..." Will answered. "Idiot... time for capture the flag! Hurry up!" Percy said crossing his arms. "Oh yeah!" Will said remembering the day's activity. "The temporary alliances?" Will asked. "Apollo, Poseidon, Athena, and Hermes." Percy said, leading him towards the woods.

"Against Ares, Hades, and all the rest?" Will asked slightly worried. "Yeah, but don't worry. Annabeth has a plan!" Percy said slightly frowning but confident. "Right, I hope she doesn't let me get slaughtered like she did to you on your first day at camp." Will said grinning. "Hey! She wanted to win!" Percy protested as his cheeks slightly colored. "I was just kidding. C'mon! Let's go win!" Will said smiling.

Both raced towards the woods where everyone was waiting for them. "Sorry we're late! What's the strategy?" Percy asked immediately. "Seaweed Brain! You're late!" Annabeth said angrily and Percy smiled nervously. "Well we got here didn't we? Let's start!" Percy said defending his self. "Half of the Apollo kids will stay behind for injuries and the rest will hide in the trees to shoot the Ares kids. Make sure to pin them down to the floor." Annabeth said turning to Will and his cabin. Will nodded. "Austin, you stay back to heal with these two. We'll need the rest to follow me-"

"Wait you're not staying back?" Austin asked in confusion. "You usually stay back!" Another camper said in surprise. "No, I'll help this time! I need the practice right?" Will said grinning. Kayla stood up. "Is there a particular reason you want to go instead of staying?" Kayla asked staring at him with amusement in her eyes. "No reason. Just feel like it." Will said shrugging.

"Mhm..." Kayla said, not completely believing him. Will shrugged innocently before heading into the woods. Readying his bow he climbed up, ready for any unsuspecting demigod to fall into his trap.