Bite Two

As Zen reached the door, he paused and turned to ask, "Hey, you wanna come along or you want to stay in my room?" Kira quietly sat up from the bed, still unable to open her mouth and give him a proper reply. "So?" Zen insisted. "I... I wanna go with you," Kira answered after a while and walked towards him. Just then, Zen advanced towards her and lifted her up into his arms. "W-Wait! W-Wh-What are you doing?!" Kira exclaimed.

     "You're too slow." Was all he said.

     Then he kicked the door open and glanced down at Kira. Noticing the way she buried her face in her hands out of embarassment, he smirked.

     "Hey, where... Would you like to go?"

     "I... Uh..."

     Zen teased, "If you won't tell me, I'll just leave you here..."

     "L-Library...!" Kira panicked, "I-Is there a library here?" Zen smiled, "Of course, let's go."

     When they reached the library, Zen warned, "Feel free to check out all the books, but do not enter the Northern section." Kira asked in curiosity, "Why? What's there?" "Just don't." Zen emphasised, his voice tainted with menace. Kira shivered, "O-Okay..." "I have some things to do, I'll pick you up later, yeah?" Zen's voice had returned to his low, gentle sound. Kira nodded obligingly, walking away and heading into the nearest section, the Western section.

     "Wow..." Kira awed by the amount of books the millions of tall shelves in the library contained. There were all kinds of books. Comics, fictional books, non-fictional books, referential books, and others. She carefully picked out some fictional books she found interesting and carried them to the nearby table. As Kira read her books, engrossed by their wonderful storylines, she heard a whisper.

"Psst... Come here... Come to meee..."

     "W-Who's there?!" A shocked Kira whipped her head around but saw no one. "Hereee... The Northern section, my dear..." Kira's memory flitted back to probably forty minutes ago, where Zen had warned her not to go to the Nothern section. "It's just a while, Zen wouldn't find outtt..." The voice replied as if it could read her mind. Easily convinced, Kira stood up from the chair and walked towards the source of the voice, where the Northern section was. When she opened the door to the Northern section, her eyes widened in horror and she let out a shrill scream. Then, her world was engulfed by the darkness and the last thing she heard, was the cackling of the voice.

     "Fufufufu..."