Chapter 3

Chapter 3

We arrived at the Clinique and I headed towards the door. I was startled when the door abruptly swung out and out came an excited Mrs Redding. "Mary, Mitchell you are welcome to join us we have exiting news!" she exclaimed clearly doing everything she can to not start bouncing off the walls, No Joke.

We filed into the room while I sat on the bed Mitchell and Mum sat on the two chairs pushed up against the wall while Dr Lewis is sitting behind his desk blushing at my Mum while Mrs Reddings sat next to him.

As the room fell into an awkward silence I sat there thinking, "what's going on? Are they going to preform experiments on me? Are they going to say there are no more tests?" I hope so.

"We have good and bad news" Mrs Reddings said breaking the silence. She's practically bouncing in her seat.

"The bad news is we have no more ideas for tests" Dr Lewis said. This is really shocking but this is so good. I don't realize what I'm doing until everyone was looking at me but I jumped up and started doing a happy dance while singing the song Happy. Soooo embarrassing so I sat back down on the bed blushing.

"The good news is........ Allana you're moving to California" Mrs Redding said after everyone got over my crazy episode.

"Is all my family going?" I ask slightly confused.

"Well no just you. You'll be living with a lovely couple with their kids. The wife is a doctor and the husband is a scientist."

I jump up from the bed screaming "NO. NO I'M NOT GOING NOT WITHOUT MY FAMILY. MUM PLEASE DON'T LET ME GO, WHAT ABOUT JAZZY AND ELI AND ALL MY FRIENDS. PLEASE MUM PLEASE, WHAT ABOUT THE FAMILY. I CAN'T GO" I'm now on my knees sobbing uncontrollably. I can't leave I love it here in Australia. The blasting heat, the farms, the beaches everything I can't move.

"Allana, Come on Allana. It'll be ok I promise" my mother's soothing voice says in my ear while rubbing small circles on my back "Mitchell can you please take Allana to the waiting room. I need to talk grown up to grown up"

~~~

It's been about half an hour since mum told Mitchell to take me out. He's out here with me. I'm doing my homework while he's talking to his girlfriend. He's had 5 girlfriends since the start of year 7 but he's not a player. He claims he loves every one of them when their together. And all of them I'm jealous of 'cuz there so pretty. One girl is Jazzy's sister and now Mitch and her are really close friends and are sometimes going on and off. He is really strange.

Mitchell or mit as I like to call him to annoy him. He is a 16 year old year 11 student with brown hair with red natural high light. Everyone say that they would die for his hair but I like mine. His hair is like a small afro and goes well with his brown eyes. He is 6' with broad shoulders. When we were younger we use to be called twins and I was taller than him now he is taller than my 5'9 height and while he looks like my mum people say I'm more like my dad except for my eyes. My eyes are my own. He NEVER does homework and NEVER studies. I told him not to come running to me when he has a shitty job.

Anyways while sitting out here I've had 3 breakdowns and a paced the floor about 10000 times. Finally after an hour and a half mum walks out and looks really sad.

"I'll tell you what's happening when we get home" she says as I pack up my things.

~~~

The 35 minute ride home was hell on earth. It was so quiet you could hear a butterfly's wings flap. No joke. I was in the back reading wattpad off my phone while I hear mum sniffling sometime the passenger seat and Mitch drove us home. I sit behind the passenger seat so I couldn't see mum's face but I know it wasn't a cold.

"Mum can't you just tell us now" I pleaded breaking the silence.

"No, your father needs to know"

"He can know later please mum please."

"NO, you can find out later. End of discussion"

We fell into a silence for the rest of the way home.

~~~

When I got home I ran upstairs and got change, put my iPod 5, Samsung galaxy trend and HP laptop on charge and ran back down. My family were sitting in the family room talking about school and when I came in the first thing I noticed was sorrow shining through my mums eyes.

There are some perks of having my eyes like I can see other people's emotions clearly and I can show people my first memory of them. But with boys my age and up to six years older I can't show them. With my family and friends (girl friends I have no friends which are boys, yes I'm really am unable to speak to the opposite gender unless they are my dad, brother or brothers friends) all they need to do is lay their hands out flat. I put my hands on top of then and look into their eyes and send them the memory and Walla. I actually remember being born. Every living moment that I've lived I remember.

After a moment of silence my mum spoke "Allana you are still moving to California"

"WHAT NO! MUM NO, I CAN'T GO WHAT ABOUT MY FRIENDS"

"And if you let me finish you will see what I'm about to say." She half yelled then she faced Mitchell who looks mortified by mum's actions "Mitchell you're moving with her to protect her. You two are NOT going to be living with each other. You WILL be using different names. Mitchell your name will be Thomas Mitchells and Allana your name will be Jayne white

I just stood there. I couldn't move. I forgot how to move. I forgot how to breathe. This can't be happening. This cannot be happening. I'm leaving.

"W-w-when are w-we moving?" I stuttered while my voice brakes.

"Tuesday" she said sadness oozing in her voice

It's Thursday and I'm leaving next Tuesday. My life can't get any more fucked up.

--------------------------------------------

YES I HAVE A COLOURFUL LANGUAGE DEAL WITH IT!!

BTW TO PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW I AM AUSTRALIAN AND WE HAVE DIFFERENT SPELLING FOR SOME WORDS SO AGAIN DEAL WITH IT!