Ch:1 Enter: The family

MONOTONE: 01
Season:1
Episode 01: The event
Chapter 1 of 3

 I believe it was three years back that I started to change

 I believe it was three years back that I started to change.The first year of high  school, that was the year when I met those people and made those memories. Looking back at that time it was certainly quite a monotonous life that I lived.

It was the end of autumn. The weather had started to get cooler and thus marked the arrival of the much awaited winters. The cold breeze blew away the fallen leaves on the road along with the feeling of something new. The feeling of something about to end is certainly depressing.

" Wake up, Kyon!!" A voice emerged in the blank scene. Until then there were no signs of people except for a boy in his messy room.

"Yes alright, I am awake," A low voice joined the props.

A sleepy face was the first thing which can be connected to the protagonist. The messy brown hair was the proof that he had a good night's sleep. The yawn was the first insight into his character. As a character, Kyon is quite simply, a...

'teenager who doesn't talk much'.

I guess it’s about time I woke up properly.

"So you are finally awake? Go wash your face, I'll put up the breakfast."

"Okay mom."

Man, I am totally sleepy. I didn't even want to wake up. I guess staying up late last night wasn't a good idea.

"So you are awake?"

"Oh, good morning dad..."

"Come on don't give that tired face in the morning. People need to be fired up until the morning!"

My dad, Sam Nel is a rather enthusiastic person. He gets fired up for almost anything. We don't really share much in common, but we get along the most.

"You two should get freshened up breakfast is getting cold."Mom said as she scraped off the omelet off the pan. Milk was already served on the table, and a toast was there to accompany the omelet.

"So how's your school been lately?"

Dad asked me as he sat to have breakfast.

"Just fine..."

My old man looked at me with a suspicious gaze then rolled his eyes down with a sigh. Well, I didn't lie, for I prefer to have my life as simple as possible.

The breakfast was fine, and so was the most part of the day. I completed my homework and then watched my favourite series. It was what I would call an ideal holiday. However, it was about to end soon as the night started to cover the blue sky.

Soon it was dinner, and we all sat together to eat.

"Don't just eat the meat, eat your vegetables too.” Mom said as she looked at lettuces being excluded from my spoon.

"Yes," It was a normal dinner as we had every day.

"Kyon we need to talk with you about something important..." Dad looked at me as he said. He had a pretty serious face as he continued, "We have decided to put you in an extra class..."

"I don't really get you..."

"Recently, or rather for quite a while both me and your mom have been observing your behavior,  and whenever we ask you about your school, you never answer us seriously. "

Both mom and dad were keen to listen to my answer as they looked at me.

"I am being serious when I answer you, there is really nothing special to worry about."

" Well then that's more of a problem, we have always told you that your introvert nature wasn't good. You won't be able to stay in the society."

There was no option for me but to listen.

"So how do the extra classes come into the picture?"

"We were called by your homeroom teacher, she was worried about you being introvert and not being interactive, and she suggested that we put you in the extra class. Well, she will tell you the details tomorrow, but from what she told us it would be quite beneficial for you."

At this point it was quite obvious that there was no further room for argument. I agreed to it, and the conversation ended.

At the bed I realised that this was nothing but a consequence of all that had happened until now. I have always lived a life alone and assumed to continue living so, but was it really possible? Well, this was the first time I ever really doubted my actions.

From tomorrow, things might be different but am I willing to change myself. Everything is so complicated! That's why I avoid social interactions, it's just not worth it.

"I guess I'll sleep..."

It is quite surprising that this slight disorientation in my thoughts would affect my life so much.

The next chapter will be uploaded around the same time as this, the next week.