Ch:4 Oh Boy! It just got 'messier'

MONOTONE 04
Season:01
Episode 02: The secret Club's First Commission
Chapter 1 of 4

MONOTONE 04Season:01Episode 02: The secret Club's First Commission Chapter 1 of 4

The crimson leaves formed a carpet on the road. However there were new leaves sprouting on the trees and so our lives headed to the second spring of our highschool. The scene was really pretty but only one pair of eyes looked at it in the crowded class.

" Hey kyon, can you lend me a pencil..."

A voice rose and I looked at the scenery and so my focus shifted.

" Sure..."

" Man you are bland as ever, I hope you would at least try to cheer up."

His face wasn't clear, probably a support character.

' They say that a crowd is faceless '

It's tough pushing through this faceless and unknown crowd and so I waited till the classes were over. After they were over, I headed to the extra class, we had agreed to clean it after all.

As I entered, Carla was already there with a cloth covering her mouth and nose and another in her hand as she was cleaning one of the desks. When she realized that I was there she stopped and turned towards me as to instruct me on the work. I ended up listening to her and we were both cleaning the desks together.

" I am surprised you listened to me ", She said. Her voice was muffled, probably because of the cloth. Even when she was speaking the flow of her work didn't change. An example of a perfectionist.

" Well I have no problems with such things, besides we had decided yesterday to work together to clean the class. It's best when someone takes a lead in a group activity and I am not really a leader material....",

" While I have to agree with you I wasn't really talking about now. I was talking about yesterday. I didn't really expect you to stay quiet when I spoke so much about you. So I was wondering whether you were a masochist?" She was still speaking while keeping on with her work. However when she spoke the last sentence she looked at me and I swear to god that she definitely smiled behind that cloth.

" Please don't get any weird ideas and as to yesterday I was quite shocked. I didn't really think that you would be the kind of..." I realised the flow of the conversation and stopped.

I didn't want to enter her personal space. Many people feel rather offended when their superficial personalities are questioned.

"You didn't think that I, who is a scholar and a cute girl would bother pointing out your flaws."

Well she is right but the way she puts it is rather irritating. I just replied with a sigh. Honestly I didn't want to continue our conversation. Since yesterday I had realised that she was really good at observing people. However I have no intention exposing any of my weaknesses.

" That's just like you, you really are confident of your personality..."

"Oh am I ?"

This response seemed different to the others , she looked at me with a seemingly smiling face, however even though the cloth was covering most of her face I could tell that the face she put up was definitely a facade. Her eyes didn't shine and all I could see was my reflection in it. It was as if they were shut to anything trying to intrude her.

"Well now it is really nice to see the both of you being so excited for your assignment! "

We both knew who it was. The homeroom teacher stood at the door with a smile as she saw the both of us. Soon we were done and so the meeting proceeded.

"Now that everything is set let me tell you your first assignment...."

We sat eagerly to hear it

" The first person is a guy in class 1-b , his name is Max Clive."

"Never heard of him...."

" Of course you wouldn't have since you, me antisocial don't even put in effort to look around in your own class."

" I agree I didn't know of Kyon either before joining the club"

Carla joined the barrage, but what did that have to do with me being antisocial. That just shows how unappealing I am to the other group too.

"Now, now, I feel bad for me antisocial... let's stop this little show, we can entertain ourselves later on..."

Seriously! Women are scary....

"Well about the information on our subject, he is known to be a germaphobe , however since his grades were near the top he was excused from the extra classes."

" I have a doubt ma'am..."

" Go ahead Mr antisocial..."

" From everything being told to us until now, I can tell that there are either of the two criteria to avoid being forced to join these classes, one, you have to be good at social interaction and have good school portfolio and the second being that you can be a good student, as in studies. Am I right?"

" Yes you are..."

" Well then, what I cannot understand is Carla being here, I am pretty sure that I have heard that she is a scholarship student and her interactions until now have been realistic and smooth...."

There was a sudden change, carla and ma'am were a bit uneasy now. Carla, who had realised that the conversation was aimed at her started to calculate a response but was stopped by ma'am.

"It's fine, Mr antisocial it's fine to be self aware but try not to peek into someone's privacy.."

Miss Raven said so with a smile. I realised that I was indeed pushing things.

" If you say so, I am sorry if I have offended you..."

These were the last words for the classes since we later discussed a bit about the plan and then left.

The first commission was underway but there were still many things unclear about our club itself. I guess I'll look into it later.

The next chapter will be the encounter with Max. Just how tough will the assignment be?

Also thanks for 500 views. I am happy that we could hit it, let's hope to go further than this!

 I am happy that we could hit it, let's hope to go further than this!