People say that their fondest memories are of when they are little. Besides when they graduate high-school or get married. Others say it's the first day they fell in love or when their sibling was born.

For me, my most recent and only memory was waking up in a hospital room with strangers. Now one might say, that's ridiculous! Surely you at least knew why you were in there or who was waiting for you to wake?

But the ball was not in my favor for either of these two options. The only silver lining I could see in this picture was the fact that these people were smiling. So maybe there was hope for me after all? Being whatever the reason was that I had ended up in the hospital to begin with.

The woman smiled at me brightly and patted my hand as if I were a mere small child. Why was she smiling so big when there was a huge worry line running across her forehead? Had I done something wrong? Was I in trouble?

"Megan," the woman began and I was thrilled to see that at least I remembered my name. My full name was Megan Rene Trinity.

But why did I remember that? Did that mean I could remember other things?

"Megan," the woman began again and I decided I should probably listen to what she had to say.

"I'm so glad you're awake now. I'll go get the doctor to come check on you." She left before I could utter a word.

Great. Well maybe the doctor will tell me why I'm here...

The doctor walked in looking relieved when he saw me awake.

"Hello Megan, how are we this afternoon?"

"...Fine?"

He seemed pleased with my answer and wrote something down in his little red notebook.

"Excellent! Are you experiencing any wooziness? Nausea? Headaches?"

"No... Should I be experiencing any of these symptoms?'

He looked at me and said, "Well after whay you've been through, I wouldn't be surprised if you did."

That made me feel anxious. What had I gone through? Why was he looking at me weird? Was the woman in the corner my mom? She sure did not resemble her, but then again... what did my mom look like?

All these questions were frightening me especially wince I didn't have the answer to any of them.

"Um... What exactly happened to me?"

The doctor held my hand gently and took a deep breath, as if he had any other choice but to not tell me my fate.

"Megan you were in an accident with your parents. The three of you were rushed to the hospital as soon as someone found you guys. Unfortunately, your parents didn't make it. Their injuries had been too major and they had already died in the accident. You on the other hand made it, which is a miracle."

I should have felt sad for my parents being dead, but I could not bring myself to cry over strangers I did not remember.

"What accident was I in?"

The doctor started to say but the woman cut him off. "She's already suffered too much today. She needs rest."

Anger coursed through my veins and I glared at the petite woman. "Look, I don't know who you are but I have a right to know what happened to me and my parents."

The woman gasped. I guess somehow my words had offended her though they honestly shouldn't have. I was only being blatently honest with her.

"You don't recognize me?"