Chapter 11 - Foundation Day

Sa 4th floor, sa may hagdanan…

 “What must I do to make you understand you mean everything to me. Don’t have the strength to say, give this heart of mine a chance. Maybe then you will see….

Bakit ba naririnig ko na naman ang kantang iyan? Bakit kasi napaaga ako ng dating. Kahit mga teachers ay wala pa. Buti naman at buhay pa ang structure nitong favorite spot NAMIN, este ko.

Reachin out to you, do you feel it, too? Loving you is all I wanna do. I’m completely sure I never felt this way before. When I smile you know that there is something more….”

Yeah, I can feel it, too. Can’t help it but I do. Ma’am, Ma’am Yeng!”

Pamilyar ang boses, pagtalikod niya…

Tsup! “Mike!”

“Roses for you. Buti naman at nakarating ka,” ani Mike. Titig na titig ito sa kanya.

“Huwag mo na ulitin yun, pano kung may nakakita?” sabi ni Miss Yeng.

“Sori, talaga, ha? You look gorgeous, kasi. Yeah, I’m on a venus-cut tight-fitted satin attire with a one-sided hairstyle. As always. Punta na tayo sa venue” sabi ni Mike.

“Well, thanks! Bakit wala pang katao-tao?” tanong ni Miss Yeng.

“Hindi kasi dito ang meeting place. Di ka pa rin nagbabago, mataray pero malambing. Bakit ba nakatitig pa rin ito? Matutunaw na ako, siya rin naman, ang good looking sa black tuxedo niya. Dun tayo sa bagong auditorium,” sabi ni Mike.

“Ok, akala ko kasi makikita ko yung ibang teachers dito,” sabi ni Miss Yeng.

Sa venue….

 “Ano ba Mike, kanina pa kita hinahanap!” sabi ni …

“Dr. Marasigan! Or shall I call you Dean Marasigan?” ang bati ni…

“Miss Yeng! Dr.Yeng na rin, right?” sabi ng kaibigan. Beso-beso

“Just call me, Dr. Yeng. At yes, Miss pa rin ako, friend!”

“Nag-start na ang program, kailangang-kailangan na talaga si Mike,” sabi ni Mr. Marasigan.

”Why, kakanta siya?” tanong ni Miss Yeng.

“More, than that!” Wait ka na lang diyan. Seat back, relax and enjoy the show!” sagot ni Mr. Marasigan.

“We are now on the part where we recognize the most successful graduates in the last 50 years of our beloved institution,” ang introduction ng host, ang dating dean na si Dean Berna.

Patuloy ng host “Mart Leynes, topped the Nursing Licensure Examination nationwide, the highest in our university so far with a percentage of 96%; Grace Ramios, our new clinical instructor who set-up a CCTV camera in the Allied Schools where our Junior and Senior students attend their practicum, a breakthrough and has lessened the load on the part of the CI to always visit them in their respective hospitals, bravo!.....may pito pang sumunod at…last but not the least, Michael Delfin for leading the research team of St. Luke’s Medical Center in finding a cure for the Staphylococcus virus. He is the first graduate of our institution to lead a research team of a very prestigious hospital in the Philippines. They shall go to Germany to start with their study this month. Well, what can I say, Perfect! Now, he is going to sing like he is always does for all of us, dear colleagues. Aren’t we proud of them? Here he is, Mr. Mike Delfin!” Clap! Clap! Clap! Wow! With a standing ovation pa ang Mike, ko. So proud of him!

If ever you wondered if you touched my soul, yes you do. Since I met you I’m not the same.You bring life to everything I do. Just the way you say ”Hello.” With one touch I can’t let go.Never thought I’d fall inlove with you.”

Because of you, my life has changed, Thank You for the love and the joy you bring. Because of you I feel no shame, I’ll tell the world It’s because of you Ms Yeng!” What is he doing? Pero kilig much, a!

Lumapit si Mike kay Miss Yeng at…”Will you marry me?” Sabay luhod ni Mike

“Sasagot na yan! Sasagot na yan!” sabi ng lahat.

“Pero pwede akong sumagot ng Yes or No, right?” ang sarcastic na tanong ni Miss Yeng.

“Of course, not!” Nakanganga ang lahat at napahinto ang paghinga. “Not ‘No!’ Because it’s a ‘Yes!’ sabi ni Miss Yeng.

Pagkasuot ng Mike ng singsing, sabay yakap nilang dalawa. Unang lumapit si Mart Leynes upang bumati sabay sabing “Sabi ko Ma’am, bibigyan ka rin niya ng singsing, e.”

Nagkangitian, Nagkatitigan at Naghalikan ang dalawa.

 Following one’s dreams is but important in a young person. Love can still wait. If it is really meant to be, you would still end up as lovers in the end. And this should be understood by two persons in a relationship. You should uplift each other whether destiny has planned you to be together or apart. If it is the latter, you should still be happy for the one that you loved for as long as he/she is already living the dream that he/she has set for his/her life why not be thankful for it.

The kind of love that is TRUE just appears like magic and without any warnings. It is not planned but would just surprise you and would give you a mixture of emotions generally HAPPY ones that is enough to take your breath away. And even it’s been like years, it remains in your heart and well, you’d push it in order to have a happy ending with the one that you love!