Chapter 4: Really Sexy Eyebrows

Caroline's POV

I couldn't believe I was a senior. I definitely wasn't gonna screw this up like my mom did her senior year. Haha, she's a hoe. I still believe the song "Stupid Hoe" by Nicki Minaj was written about her. Sorry if it sounds like I'm being mean, but it's only the truth. Would you like it if you were trying to find a necklace in your parents' room and then accidentally opened the 'lingerie drawer'? Yeah, I didn't think so. I'm still scarred for life.

As I was walking into the high school building, I accidentally bumped into a boy. He had black hair, black clothes, and the most gorgeous blue eyes I'd ever seen.

"Sorry, I didn't mean-" I started to say.

"No, it's fine," he said with a small smirk.

"I haven't seen you around this school before," I said.

"Well, I've been homeschooled most of my life, but my dad thought it would be a good idea to come here so I could make friends."

"Well, it looks like you've already made one," I said and smiled, "I'm Caroline Carter."

I held out my hand and he shook it.

"Phil Richardson," he said, "You look familiar."

"So do you," I said, taking a good look at him. His eyebrows were a bit bushy, but I personally thought it was kind of sexy.

"You don't happen to be related to Nick Carter, do you?" Phil asked.

"Yes," I said, "He's my daughter."

"Wait, what?" he looked surprised.

"Oh! Uh, I mean... um, I'm his daughter. Sorry, I'm awkward," I said, my cheeks turning red.

He laughed and said, "Well, the reason I asked is because I think our dads used to be on the basketball team together. My dad's name is Kevin Richardson."

"Oh!" I said, remembering how I had seen him in the yearbooks, "That's where you got your bushy eyebrows! Oh God! Sorry if that sounded rude. I-"

"Hey, hey. It's fine," he said, smiling, "I take that as a compliment."

I blushed when he said that. I had never been this awkward around boys before, but there was just something special about Phil.

"So, um, can you lead me to Mrs. Martin's room?" he asked, after a while of just us staring at each other.

"You have Mrs. Martin too? That means we'll be in the same class," I said.

"Cool," he said as we walked to our classroom.

"So, what do you like to do?" I asked him as we sat down in desks across from each other.

"Um... well I sometimes write," he said.

"Ooh, can you read me something you wrote?" I asked.

"Sure," he said and pulled out a journal from his book bag. He flipped around until he found the right page and read,

"Blood stains on the floor.
Screaming like never before.
Knife in my hands.
No one understands.
Death makes me glad.
Happiness makes me sad."

What the actual....

"That was great, Phil," I said with a fake smile, "You're so... talented."

"Thanks," he smiled, "My dad says I'm a total weirdo, but I'm glad I found someone who actually supports my style of writing."

I smiled and gave him a thumbs up.

"So, what kind of things do you like to do?" he asked.

"Uh.... uh..." my mind had gone completely blank because of the poem, so I lied and said, "You know, just hanging out with friends. Partying, drinking, all that... um, cool stuff."

I know it was wrong to say that, but I kind of liked Phil and didn't want to end what we had going on.

"Wow, that sounds awesome," he said, "Hey, why don't you come over to my house later and we can do all that. How does that sound?"

"That sounds... uh, that sounds great!" I said pretending to look happy.

What was I getting myself into?

After school, Phil and I walked to his house. I was extremely uncomfortable, but I couldn't let him know that. I couldn't ruin this. This was the only time I was even close to having a boyfriend.

When we walked into his house, he lead me to his room.

"We need to be quiet," he said, "I don't want my dad to know I have a girl over. He would ask so many questions."

"My parents would too if I invited a boy over," I said, "Ugh, I don't understand them sometimes."

"That's why I always lock my door," he said as he locked the door to his room, "So he can't bother me. I always tell him I'm doing homework, when really..." he pulled out a bottle of liquor from under his bed, "I'm drinking this instead."

I laughed uneasily as Phil took a sip of the liquor. Then he handed the bottle to me.

"Oh, no thanks. I'm good actually. I... I usually drink later than this," I lied.

"Oh, come on. I don't believe that for a second," he laughed, "Just have some."

"Okay," I said and took the bottle from him. I almost threw up when I took the first sip, but I eventually got used to it. We both drank and talked for what seemed like forever. Before we knew it, the bottle was empty. I all of a sudden felt drowsy. I had never felt this way before. I felt like I was floating. Is this what being drunk is like? It was definitely better than doing homework.

I remember stumbling home and walking into the front hallway. After that I blacked out...

~End of Chapter~

Q: Do you ship Trilly or Pharoline more?