Why?

After class, the final bell rings and it's now time to go home.

   YES!

  I walk to my locker trying to avoid people shoving and pushing they're way past me.

  I get shoved into Nathan.

"Oh hey. I was just going to find you. I looked up that 'flag' that you wanted to know about. it turns out its not a flag its a symbol and what it symbolizes,  now one know... I hoped I helped a bit." He says while walking me to my locker.

  I grab my lock and begin to turn it to get it opened.

"hu.. thats weird.. why would  Mrs.Cardiff have that in her Geography classroom?" I say while pulling my lock down and opening my locker.

  "Who knows. If you want me to look into it more I can. you know im really good at digging information up." He winks as I pass him my books to hold on for for me.

"Nah it's ok. I was just curious."

I take the books from his hand and shove it into my backpack.

  I begin to close my locker as Rochelle and Petra walk over with there stuff.

  Nathan begins to walk away and waves goodbye to me.

  I wave back as Kennedy approaches as well with Shawn.

  "So you and Nathan dating yet." Petra says.

"No! I dont like him like that.. I never will." I snap back at her.

"Well you two are going to the dance together right?" Rochelle says.

  "Nope.." I say with a pause. "I'm going with JESSE!!!"

"O.M.G! No way. why didn't you tell us?" Kennedy says.

"Well I'll tell you later because I dont think Shawn's very interested." We all look back and see Shawn with a blank expression and his arms folded.

  We all giggle and Kennedy hugs Shawn good by as he walks down the hall to his locker.

"Ok well I have everything. lets get to the bus before it leaves with out us." I motion everyone towards the entrance door.

"Yeah let's get our parteh on!" Petra waves her hands in the air dramasticly.

"*I think I now know who the crazy one is.*" Rochelle whispers.

"You're just realizing that now?" I say.

  We all laugh and hop onto the bus.

Jesse and Curtis are both sitting on opposite sides of each other. One on the left side of the bus and one on the right.

Jesse and Curtis both pat the seat wanting Rochelle and I to sit beside them.

We look at Kennedy and Petra.

"*Go sit with your lovers.*" Kennedy whispers while Petra gives us a push.

I sit down beside Jesse as Rochelle sits beside Curtis.

"So you exited for the dance." Jesse winks at me than grabs my hand.

I smile. I can't say anything because his eyes leave me so speechless they are just to perfect. The sun is shining right toward him so his ocean baby blue eyes sparkle.

  I try to say something but it comes out like "bssflrk."

"I'll take that as a yes." He laughs.

I'm never this nervous around him. Maybe the thought of being so close to him and holding his hand leaves me frozen.

I manage to get a conversation out and we talk for a while. I hear Curtis and Rochelle giggling. And Petra and Kennedy playing games on their phones behind us.

The bus comes to a stop and it stopped right at my house. Petra,  Rochelle and Kennedy get up and I am still seated holding Jesse's hand.

Petra winks at me. "Well well well..."

"Petra shhh. Come on Casey we have to go." Rochelle implies.

I brake free of Jesse's hand and than get up.

"I'll text you." He says with a smerk.

We begin to get off the bus.

I grab the house key that is cleverly hidden in a pair of my dads old work boots.

Now that he's gone I guess we could move them but where else would we hide our keys?

I unlock the door and open it. The house is a mess! I quickly get a thought.

"Oh no. I Forgot to put Finley in his cage!"

"Damn at least the back doors not open."

I go to the back of the house where the back window is smashed.

There is no sign of Finley in sight. A fully grown Golden Retriever can't do this. Can he?