Part Three

Chanyeol stops me. "Are you okay?" I blow out air. "Just dandy." Chanyeol looks hurt. I shake my head. "I'm sorry. It's just that I don't like to be stared at. It makes me think I've done something wrong." My mate's face softens. "It's okay. I understand. Let's get food." We grab various items. Some to share and others to eat alone. We walk over to where the other four are waiting. As soon I as I sit down, the receptionist lady came up and sat down beside me. I uncomfortably pop a grape into my mouth. As I'm eating, she speaks. "You know, you're so much more better looking than that one wolf that came in earlier this morning. That poor little pathetic pup was all beaten up and practically dying. Wonder where it is. Probably dead in the woods somewhere. Ick."

I let out a fake cough. "Use proper grammar please. And for your information, that 'poor little pathetic pup'" I use air quotes. "Is sitting right in front of you." I ignore her shocked face. "And if you have nothing better to say, leave me in peace." She stomps off angrily, her heels clicking on the tiles. The wolves that have gathered around us clap. Chanyeol whispers in my ear. "She isn't too popular in the pack. I'm sorry you had to deal with her." He breaks off a piece of bread and holds it out to me. Instead of taking it with my hand, I pluck from his hand with my mouth, giving his fingers a little kiss as I do so. "Thanks, Chanyeollie."

The packmates around us 'aw' at the nickname. I smile. It's nice to not be judged. The rest of dinner is spent answering questions, laughing, eating, and having a good time. We finish up and I snag an extra brownie on the way out. I bite into it happily as we walk up the stairs. Chanyeol steals a little bit of my brownie and pops it into his mouth. "So, meet anyone you like?" I nod. "There was this one guy, Junmyeon. He was really nice. Wonder who his mate is." Chanyeol wipes the crumbs off my lips. "Yixing." I raise my eyebrows. "Pardon?" Chanyeol laughs. "Yixing is his mate."

"Wow." I take another bite of the brownie. "It's a small world."

Chanyeol pulls out a golden key attached to a chain. "Oh, before I forget. Here's our room key." He drops the item into my free hand. I clutch it tightly. "Cool."

Once Chanyeol opens the door, I flop onto our bed. I'm drained. I turn to Chanyeol, who has turned on the light to the adjacent bathroom. "Yeol? Can we wash up and go to sleep? I'm tired." He comes over and kisses my forehead. "Sure." I stand up. "Um, I don't have any sleepwear." Chanyeol pulled out his phone. "No problem, I'll text Gamma Luhan to lend you some clothes. You look to be about the same size." He looks up. "Towels are in the basin under the sink. Toiletries and other stuff in the cabinet next to the shower."

I peck his lips and walk into the bathroom. I bend down and take a light blue bath towel from the basin. I walk into the room with the shower, lock the door and take off my clothes. I throw my clothes into a nearby hamper and hop into the shower.

It takes me a good two minutes to figure out how the shower works. When I finally turn it on a blast of water sprays me in the face. I fumble for the shower controls and manage to turn the water off. Well, that's one way to wash my face. I wipe most of the water off with my hand. Bleh. I adjust the shower head and turn the water back on. Much better. I rinse myself, then turn the water off and apply shampoo. It smells of pine mixed with that smell that shampoo always has. Nice.

I take special care to lather my hair thoroughly. I didn't really get a chance to wash my hair this morning. I rinse it off and apply conditioner as well as body wash. I turn on the water again and scrub myself clean. Just as I'm turning the water off, Chanyeol knocks on the door. "Baek? I have the clothes." I grab the towel. "Just a second!" I quickly dry myself and wrap myself with my towel. I unlock the door and open it just enough for Chanyeol to slip his hand in. "Thanks!" I close the door and get dressed. The towel gets hung to dry and I walk out. Chanyeol ruffles my hair and separates it to help it dry. I shake my head quickly, showering him in water droplets.