°18°

1st Pov. Louise

"Hey, Jessica. Its Louise." I said, as I leaned my phone on my shoulder to talk. I reapplied m y bandage over my bite.

I sighed as she spoke back to me.

"Yeah. I need a dress. You wanna go shopping?"

"Okay, I'll meet you there." I hung up slowly and stared at my neck. I pulled on my coat and slipped it up to the bite.

"It should be heeled enough on the day." I said to myself, and stepped out of the bathroom.

"Hey where are you going?" Bella asked, as she laws on her bed with her leg cast.

"Just to see Jessica. I'll be back later." I replied and passed her going to the door.

"Hey where you going?" Charlie asked, as he still seemed on edge from our accidents.

"Just to Port Angeles. I'm going shopping with Jessica. Angela might come out too." Is aid, and he debated letting me go.

"I'll be careful. I promise." I said, and huge shim tightly. He sighed and hugged me tight as well. I pulled back and left to the truck.

---

"Hey! How are you feeling?" Jessica asked as she had hugged me tight.

"I feel good. Now let's go shopping."I said, as she smiled and we walked through the strip malls.

"This?"
"No."
"This?"
"No."
"How abou-""
"Nope."

"Final one. Yrs or no?"
""Oh my gosh. That's the one."
"Really?"

"Yes. Lets go."

---

"Hey, Lou! Come in here." Charlie yelled, as he yelled from the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen to see him holding a piece of call on a plate.

"Happy, really, really, really, late birthday." He said, and the cake slice had one candle on it, it had been used.

I smiled and hugged him tightly, as I looked at Bella, who was smiling.

"Thanks, dad." I whispered, and he chuckled and let me go.

"Make a wish."

I closed my eyes, and thought. I blew lightly qnd the candle went out.

"What did you wish for?" He asked, and handed me the cake slice.

'To make love work.'

I said in my head and smiled at them.

"Well, let's go eat." I said, and they grabbed their coats. I helped Bella stand and we slid her into the truck

I paused as I saw Emmett standing away from sight.

"Hey, Charlie? I forgot something. Go without me, I'll be there later." I said, and he stepped out.

"Are you sure?" He asked, and I nodded.
"Okay. See you there." He said, and pulled out with the truck and Bella.

I waited a minute and walked towards the now dark shaded area.

I kept distance between us as he spoke first.

"Are you alright?" He asked, keeping hid hands in his pockets.

"Fine. What do you want?" I asked harsher than intended.

"Okay. I'm sorry I tried to force you to leave." He said, and I crossed my arms.

"Why are you still trying?" I asked, and his dark eyes stared at me.

"Beciasr there is nothing I can do to stop my feelings for you. Not now." He said, and I took a step closer to him.

"We can't be anything, Emmett. I want to be badly, but you can't alright. Not for me, or the feelings you have for me." I said, and backed away again.

"Will you at least let me take you to homecoming?" He asked quietly, dreading the answer.

"Emmett-"

"It's fine. I already have the answer." He said, and I went to take his hand.

"Emmett!" I yelled as he trudged away. I sighed and yelled again louder.

"Yes! Yes!" I yelled, and threw my arms out. No movement appeared, and I sighed. I turned away, and pulled the keys from my pocket in my jeans.

I stepped to Charlie's squad car, and opened the driver door.

I felt a hand grasp my shoulder and force me to turn.

"What-"

I paused as lips were pressed against mine. I moaned lightly and closed my eyes, my lip moving in sync with his. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, my right hand grasping his head.

He grunted as I smashed us closer. I whimpered as he pulled back and my lips followed his.

"Okay." He said, and disappeared. I sighed and giggled to myself, then reality hit me like a brick wall. I touched my lips and scoffed.
"Shit." I said, and climbed into the car. I pulled out, and drove towards the café.