There's a Light in the Hallway

And so it goes. Harry's room became my escape route and safety valve. At first it was just those nights where there was an unwelcome guest in my room. Or when I was unceremoniously pushed out into the hallway and a sock shoved over the door knob. Whenever my brother pulled that move, all I could think was I hope he showed a bit more finesse with whoever was his company for the evening. Poor thing.

I'd stumble out into the hallway and sometimes I would not even have to knock, Harry would hear the commotion and his door would open to me, Agra cadabra. Most nights I'd plop on the couch, turn on the game and hand him his ass at whatever we were playing. He was getting better though.

"What do you want from room service?" The phone was pressed to his ear, and really every menu was pretty much the same, had the basics.

"Um, can I get a club?" I looked up at him and I was surprised he wasn't waiting for me to make eye contact. Harry was kind of intense with the eye contact, truthfully. Instead,his eyes were glued to my bare legs. Tonight, I'd been pretty settled in, I'm not even sure where the girl came from, it was an off day, so I was in sleep shorts and a t. Thank god I had on a braz But phones were a thing, and a text message was all it took apparently, retch. When he realized that I caught him staring, he jerked his eyes up to mine and his cheeks colored just a little. The little smile he gave me was apologetic and popped his left dimple, so I was willing to overlook his wandering eye. The path his eyes had left over my legs could be followed still, while we looked at each other because my skin had risen up to his gaze.

"Im sorry, what?" Harry suddenly said into the phone and turned away from me. I was a little breathless and drug myself from the couch over to the tv to check the connections on the Xbox and insert the game. I smiled to myself as I put in the fifa cartridge. It was my favorite. He had yet to beat me.

I wandered back over to the couch and found that Styles had spread himself out quite grandly. His gangly legs reached across the couch,his ass finding a place somewhere near the middle.

"Where am I supposed to sit?" I laughed as he brought the controllers over to him.

"I have a perfect throne for you, madame," his fake French accent was horrible and I laughed despite myself and hoped it covered the blush at the suggestion that I sit on his lap.

"Nah, that's seat looks a little bony, mate," I commented.

"Bony!" He chaffed, "I'm not bony, I'm pure muscle over here! I'm a man!"

"Alright, big man, scoot over so I can sit down and kick your ass at fifa—"

"Fifa,". He groaned  and moved just enough, dropping his feet to the floor.

"Fifa!" I cheered and dropped right next to him. The only place he had left me. After the lingering glances, the fact that my thigh was pressed to his felt different.

We had been sharing a bed whenever we were in a hotel lately. My brother was all kinds of self involved as he had yet to notice that I was not returning to our room until morning. That, or his vampiric schedule was keeping him from even being aware.

The bed sharing was entirely platonic. It was more that Harry was to much of a gentleman to let me sleep on the couch, floor, or, fuck's sake, the hallway, but he loved sleep to much to not sleep in the beg fluffy hotel beds. They were king sized and it was totally usual for us to wake up on entirely opposite ends of the mattress. The one time we had not slept like that, the first night, I had woken up with his tentacle like arms wrapped around me and his knee between my own. I wish I had taken the time to enjoy it, but instead the lack of familiarity freaked me out. My consciousness had returned slowly and I'd been surrounded by a not entirely unfamiliar smell. It was pleasant and I had nuzzled down into it at the outset, it was when my nose encountered a arm, with light fuzz and heated skin that I shook awake. I'd never slept next to a boy. My imitation grand mal had disturbed Harry. He had groaned awake and pulled his legs out from around mine. I'd extricate my upper body away effectively with my jerky movements.