I hate kobolds

Ami and Saelabella made it back to Genovia. Saelabella told her father about what happened and he agreed to let her fix this problem because he did not want another war after The Elven War. Saelabella's mother died during the war. The King told Ami that she would continue her job to protect his daughter and be the highest ranking general in his army. Ami agreed. Saelabella and Ami set out for the mountains to go to The Elven Lands to seek aid.

Ami and Saelabella traveled fast. Melody, Saelabella's steed, was having a hard time keeping up with Midnight. They reached a clearing in the forest that they were traveling through and decided to set up camp. Ami's wolf, Ember searches the area for danger. It was in the middle of the night that Ami was awoken by the soft rustling of leaves. She lay (I think that is the right form of the verb) on the forest floor, listening for hushed voices and movements. Ami heard the quiet whisper of voices she never wanted to hear again, kobolds. She has had a very strong  hatred towards them since they killed her sister and parents. Ami picked up her bow a knocked an arrow. She silently waits for something to come into her view. Three kobolds peak out from behind some of the brush. Ami immediately fires her arrow at one.
Saelabella wakes up amid the fray. She unhooks a dagger from her belt and stand one, while Ami shoots another. More kobolds come into sight one knocks Ami upside the head and everything goes black.