Stay: A Carter Reynolds Fanfic

Chapter 5:

mariyah's pov:

i woke up and looked at my phone, it was 9:47pm. i looked around for carter and saw a note on the bed. it said "text me when you wake up 645-752-8797 and look at my twitter @Mr_Carterr" i grinned and looked up his twitter. i was shocked at the number of followers he had. how was this kid? and why was he so "famous"? i scrolled through his tweets and then noticed a picture. my heart dropped and i felt my stomach turn. he had posted a picture of me sleeping. the caption said "she fell asleep on me lol ☺️❤️" after reading th caption over for about thirty times i caught myself smiling like an idiot. i replied with "come back over im awake" i got up and took my clothes off. i looked at myself in the mirror and i felt a wave of self-hatred sweep across my whole body. i ran my fingers over my thighs, the scars. flashbacks ran through my mind. being called a whore, fat, worthless, ugly, useless, stupid, unwanted. i felt the tears streaming down my face and my heart began to speed up. i clenched my jaw and i stomped over to my suitcase an pulled out a little bag and flopped down on the floor. i wiped my cheeks and unzipped the small bag. i slowly pulled out a small blade and stared at it for a good 5 minutes. i held the blade against my wristand closed my eyes i counted to three an then heard a quiet knock at my door. a sudden burst of shock came over me. "uhm ill be right there hang on" i called putting the bag of blades back in my suitcase. "hang on" i called again putting a long sleeve tee on with a pair of nike leggings. i went to the door and opened it slowly. when i saw him standing there i felt like i was floating. "hey sleepy beauty" carter said pulling my waist close to his. i put my hands between out chests and looked over at the corner of the room. a smirked and let me go. "sorry i fell asleep" i said quietly. he just looked at me with a genuine smile and laid down on the bed. i walked over and stood between his legs. "i need to ask you something mr carter" i said firmly. he sat up and grabbed my hands. "dont please" he said. he looked like a lost puppy. he looked scared and helpless. "who are you" i said softly. i looked at me deeply "im the guy you met earlier, nothing more. now please" he said grabbing my hands tightly. i sighed and gave him a small nod. he stood and wrapped his arms around my head and pulled me towards his chest. i wrapped my arms around him and for once i felt safe. a sense of security. we stood holding each other for what seemed like forever. he let go if me slowly and sat down. i grabbed his face and looked in his eyes. i smiled and ran my fingers through his hair. "why did you come back" i said looking at his feet. "because you told me to" he said pulling me closer. i felt sensation run through my lower body. i wanted him, but i couldn't.. i couldn't just hookup with a guy a barely know, and therefore is hiding a secret from me. no i just couldn't. i pushed him away softly "who are you" i said seriously. "i tol-" he started again with the same bullshit earlier "nooo WHO ARE YOU" i asked in a louder tone. he got up and walked to the door. i forced myself in front of the door. "move" he said quietly. i crossed my arms and stood my ground "just tell me wh-" i began before being interrupted. "Im the same damn guy from earlier. jesus fucking christ. just because i have some followers and a few fans. doesn't mean im somebody else." he said storming the room making my heart skip a beat. i walked over to him "fans" i asked confused. he walked away from me and went to the window. "me and the boys are famous.. we just started doing videos and got noticed. i just, i didnt want you to know so you would like me for me not the fame and the attention." he said quietly. i let it all run through my mind and thought of why he didnt tell me and i felt like a total bitch. i walked over behind him and wrapped my arms around him torso and lay my head on his back. "im sorry" i said ashamed. he took a deep breath and left. i sat on the bed feeling more stupid than ever. a got up and locked the door and took off my clothes and got a sports bra and spandex. once again i went to the suitcase and pulled out the little bag. i picked out one of the blades and went to the corner with a towel. i pull my legs out with the towel spread across them. i closed my eye and so many thoughts ran across my mind. i opened my eyes and shoved the blade deep in my arm. blood poured out immediately. i moved a little up my arm and cut through the soft skin once more. deeper than the last. i threw the blade to the side of me and wrapped the towel on my arm.