Three x

Petersburg,   Virginia

"Mumma, let me get some more of them greens, I swear you throw down in the kitchen!"

"That's right Trey, where you think you got some of your good cooking skills from!?!"

"Gramdma" I said laughing.

I've been back home for a week now. Charisma and I haven't really talked at all. I'm still hurt by what happened, like how can I trust her after this? I know she's probably feeling the same though. I don't know where she is. I just know that I need this time to relieve some stress and spend some well overdue time with the people I do trust. My mumma,  grandma and little brother Forrest. 

"When Forrest coming home?" I said reaching over the bowl of blackeyed peas, then grabbing a slice of sweet cornbread.

"He's out with his little girlfriend , idk Trey, just call or text him."

"Trey, what's going on wirh you and your beautiful girlfriend Charisma, I've always liked that girl!"

"I mean we're good, why you ask that?"

"Boy it's your mumma you're talking to. I know when something is going on with my son, if you don't talk to me about it that's fine. but I hope you talk to your little girlfriend. "

"Alright,  Mumma. I'm on the phone with Forrest."  I said walking out to the guestroom I always stay in when I come back home.

I flung my body onto the bed and laid there. I wasn't really talking to my brother, I just don't want to talk about Charisma right now.  I came here to get a clear mind, and thats what I'm going to do. I'll deal with her and I situation later. When I left the house I didn't even tell her that I was going back to our hometown. I know she'll honestly be upset if she knew that I was out here without her. We had planned on going out here together and going to all of our old spots from when we were in High School.

FLASHBACK

knock knock knock

"Hey Tremaine ." Charisma said whispering then closing the wooden door behind her.

"Hey Shawty, you ready?" I said grabbing her into a tight hug.

"Yess. " she said hugging me back.

"My bad it took me so long. You look beautiful, but you know that's nothing new."

"Awwe,  thanks baby & it's cool, it's not really your job to feed me,  it's just its nothing in the fridge and my mom sold our food stamps on her habit again this month, and I don't get paid until Friday and-"

"Baby I understand , I'm your man so it's cool. I know you would do the exact same for me if my mumma wasn't cooking for us."

"We both know that's not happening! she's always in the kitchen, unlike my mom."

"Look baby, chill everything will be ok, I got you shawty just relax."

I opened the door for the both of us and drove off. We pulled up to my house. She got out of the car, same as myself. she held my hand walking behind me on the trail up to my front porch.

She tapped me.

"Yea bae? " I stopped in ny footsteps and looking down at her. She was so small and cute. I've always pictured me getting out the hood and taking her with me, somehow some way.

"Are you sure that Mumma April doesn't mind me coming over eating dinner?"

"Well baby, she's sleeping and has to go to work at 11pm, so I'm sure she won't mind. Plus you're my girl, what's mine is yours."