Pretty Hurts

Bianca sat in her car parked in the parking lot and cried for almost an hour.  Part of herself was furious for letting the drama between Aubrey and her to go on for as long as it did.   The other part of her was just upset that she no longer had a job. 

She checked her phone to see if Aubrey had attempted to call her, or text her.  There were none.  Bianca started her car after she wiped her face with a tissue. 

-----------------

Months later Bianca spent most of her time planning for the wedding. If she weren't meeting with her wedding planner Kathy Romero who's had A list clientele under her belt helping out with locations, floral, food and dining services she was out with the designers helping them execute her idea of her fairy tale wedding dress. 

Since Aubrey cut her off as her friend and as a co worker, she found herself not really having that many friends to lean on.  Her friends were Aubrey's friends and they most likely would be busy in the studio or tour so eventually stopped calling or checking in.  The only people that she kept in touch with were ironically, Aubrey's parents Dennis and Sandi.

Sandi and Bianca would meet up at least once a month, and from time to time Sandi often referred Bee as one of her own.

"That dress looks gorgeous on you." Sandi said in awe.  "Your big day is two months away, are you sure you love this man?"

Bianca admired herself in the mirror and looked down at her ring.  "Of course I do,  Dwayne treats me like a queen he's been there for me when I've been at my lowest.  He respects me and cares about my feelings.  Even though we're both busy we still make time for each other and my mom and my family love him which is also a plus.  He could have any woman in the world but he chose me."

"Alright, alright I get it.  I just...never would've thought you would be marrying anyone other than my son.  You two were best friends since you were kids, but I guess it never crossed that line.  Aubrey still talks about you, you know.  He still cares about you.  He just made a stupid mistake he's human just like the rest of us, don't hold a grudge against him."

"I've forgiven Aubrey a long time ago.  I sent him an invitation to the wedding, it'd mean a lot to me if he showed up believe it or not.  Dwayne knows about him but only from what I've told him so if he showed up at our wedding I hope they both get along for my sake.  They're both...petty."

Bianca started to take off her dress after the designer looked it over on her.

Georgio, the designer nodded his head and stared in admiration.  "You're probably one of my best and favorite clients 'Future Miss Johnson' you look stunning, you should consider modeling."

"Eh...I don't know about that I work in public relations, that's my calling but I don't know.. that'd be a good side gig I guess.  You're sweet Georgio.  The gown is beautiful Dwayne is literally going to shit himself when he sees me in this."  Bee laughs.

Sandi clears her throat and looks around.

"Excuse my language."

"I'll put this away neatly for you and we'll have one more fitting two days before the wedding so I'll know if we need to make some last minute alterations." Georgio takes the gown and neatly puts it away."

"But, Like I said before I'm sure they'll both warm up to each other if they meet but that's in the future and if they both actually tolerate each other.  Aubrey's unpredictable."

Sandi nodded her head and laughed. "Very."

--------------------

Aubrey sat in his studio reading through the invitation to Dwayne and Bianca's wedding while smoking a blunt.  He couldn't believe that it was actually happening.  His heart yearned for her and his body ached for her touch.  It'd been almost two years since he had last seen her and she had moved on with her life.  After the way he treated her during their last encounter, he still wondered if she still thought about him the way he thinks about her.

Bianca, she was all that he thought about.  She was his muse.  Unfortunately, he hadn't realized her worth until she was out of his life.  Aubrey was usually a reserved person, but when he wrote music he translated his feelings onto paper or onto his outdated blackberry cellphone.

Noah noticed that Aubrey had let his feelings take over, he had been silent for the past twenty minutes.  

"Bro, you okay?  Ever since you got the mail it's like you checked out of earth man."

Aubrey sighed and exhaled the smoke and finished the blunt.

"I'm fine.. Bee sent me an invitation to her wedding.  She still thinks about me."  He slightly laughed.  "Even though I was cruel to her.  Baby Bee."

"Are you gonna go? She sent me one too a couple of weeks ago.  She seems happy and really in love with that man.  Bee is living every woman's dream.  But umm don't you think it'd be kind of awkward with you there?  You two used to fuck and she's getting ready to marry her fiancé."

Aubrey then gave him a look and took a bite out of a granola bar.

"What? Everyone knew.  You two were loud as fuck, she'd have hickeys on her neck and so would you.  You treated her awful.  She was in love with you...maybe to you she was just a quick fuck but she always had feelings for you and you were just...oblivious.  You'd fuck her and then fuck groupies the same night while on tour.   She was still on the same tour bus as you!  When you were in love with your flings she was there, especially when you were chasing after Rihanna and she didn't even want you.  I found that ironic though because that was the same way you had treated Bianca.  I guess that saying is true 'You really don't know what you've got until it's gone.'"

Aubrey was shocked that Noah had just read him like a fucking book.  He had a good woman all along.  

"I'm a fucking idiot aren't I?"  Aubrey said with his mouth full and looked down at the soundboard.  

"Yes and no.  You're human and you make mistakes just like everyone.  No one's perfect, you're the furthest thing from perfect but now that you've realized your mistakes you can now fix them.   Go to Bianca's wedding she'll appreciate it.  You can go with me if you'd want we were all friends you know.  It's only right."

"I want to make things right..I know I can, it just takes time."

"In due time my brother."     

Aubrey put down his food and played back the track that he just recorded.  He bobbed his head and nodded.  "I've got the song!" He put his food down and went into the soundproof see through room and put on his headphones. "Play it back I've got the song now."

Sorry for the delay, I've had writer's block for a while now lol comment, feedback, and enjoy!