Mallika Senses Something !

The things that were going on were purposely affecting ShivIka, of course. But some days before the wedding, an acute uneasiness lurked inside Mallika, she caressed her chest to throttle her fast-rating heartbeats.

Om took a bottle and drank it full, he was worried too. He didn't wanted Shivaay to marry Malli for he knew neither one of them can stay happy if he does.

Shivaay, on the other hand, was determined to marry Mallika. Not out of love, but for immense anger and agony caused to him by Ani. He was shattered, so he decided to ignore her, as he knew his avoidance will break her into pieces.

Annika was roaming in the hall and helping with the preparations. She chose a lemon yellow decor for the Mandap as per shiv's choice. Her heart filled up with a burden, burden of leaving him, her guilt reached its peak. Good Lord, she loved him dearly.

Janvi helped Ani in the decorations,  Ranvijay was assigned as catering supervisor and food menu checker. Tej and Sakshi took the initiative to invite the guests with beautiful carved yellowish-golden wedding cards. The whole theme was on Yellow as it is considered holy in both Indian and Greek Culture.

As Mallika was allergic to Mehndi, the ceremony did not occur. So, straight the Sangeet ceremony started before the marriage day. Everyone sang songs.

Soon, the medley took place and everyone sang their part.

After many songs, Shivaay's heart ached, he suddenly started humming a song matching to his situation.

Dilwalo, dil mera sunne ko bekarar hain,
Kaho na pyaar hain.....
Kaho na pyaar hain...

He looked at Annika with hurt eyes as he wanted her to confess.

Ajeeb Dastaan hain ye...
Kahan shuru, kahan khatam,
Ye manzile hain kaunsi,
Na wo samajh sake na hum....

Ani patted on Malli's shoulder and congratulated her. She went to Shivaay and shook hands with him.

Mubarakoki tumhe ki tum,
Kisi ke noor hogaye....
Kisi ke itne paas ho...
To sabse door hogaye...

Ajeeb Dastaan hain ye....

She ended the song staring deep at Shivaay's eyes. That's it, Mallika sensed something. It was enough for her to understand the matter, Om stood beside her.

"Woah, now that's a perfect singing Jodi" he commented. It was harmless as he just wanted to make her realise.

She glared at him and snatched away Annika from Shivaay, hence, breaking their eye lock. She hugged Ani "I am so happy" she exclaimed! But she was not. Om could understand Malli's sorrow, guilt but he also comprehended her selfishness. Shivaay was not her love, but the only possession she had after her father passed away.

Tujhe dekha toh ye jaana sanam....
Pyaar hota hain deewana sanam....
Ab yahan se kahan jaaye hum,
Tere baahon mein mar jaaye hum.....

As the rains poured down, Shivaay sang this romantic classic to Mallika but he meant it for Annika.

Om snatched Annika to the verandah, and Shivaay took Malli. Soon after, all the youngsters were dancing like maniacs in the rains.

Shivaay twisted Malli in his arms, she winced in pain for he was at all being gentle. Om and Ani were standing clueless about Shivaay's ungentlemanly behaviour. His eyes were red with rage, he was drunk. He left Malli with a jerk. Unable to control the torment tempting him, he pulled Ani against his chest and entwined his hands with hers.

Mehndi laga ke rakhna,
Doli saja ke rakhna,

He sang shocking everyone. He kissed on Ani's palm and continued looking at her.

Mehndi laga ke rakhna,
Doli saja ke rakhna,

Lene tujhe O gori.....
Aayenge tere sajna....

Ani looked worried as she knew the impact of this won't be good to Mallika. She was feeling guilty. She should feel this, shouldn't she?

Malli on the other hand was much indifferent to what took place. She was blind to all the things and kept her selfishness above all. She came to Shivaay and embraced him tightly "Thank you for such a wonderful confession dear" she said, her voice as sweet as honey while her heart ached for her bestie, Annika.

------++++++------
I know guys I give this book's update rarely but please support me as you did earlier.

I received 105+ votes on every chapter. But on the previous chapter I had only 75 votes. Do vote guys, I'll update this book regularly to finish it. I promise!

Please vote and comment dearies❤

Moha