Strawberry Fics Chapter 8 "Memories"

"They have been exhausting days, but I feel so happy ... everyone looks so cheerful and that makes a strange feeling in my heart. I would like to always remember every single face ... but I know I will not, sooner or later their faces will become blurred in my mind and no one can help it.

How will I remember this moment in ten more years? These days have become so very special ... I'm enjoying every second ....

This winter has been unforgettable ... I wish all this would never end, but I know that I'll have to say goodbye soon. "

The clouds were gathering and a grayish color painted the whole hill, but despite this darkness, the atmosphere was at its the best. That was the happiness that could be breathed in the roofed gym, where the Miator Volleyball team was.

They were finishing one of the last training sessions before the start of the Etoile week. They all looked very jolly despite their exhaustive training. Shizuma stopped completely and looked at them with a big smile and an accelerated heart.

Shizuma: it's all for today! That was an excellent practice, thank you for your hard work. Go back to your dorms and rest, see you tomorrow!

All: thanks senpai! - good training - see you tomorrow Shizuma sama! - I am so thirsty - let's go to the cafeteria - let's hurry as it's going to rain - see you senpai!

The former Etoile walks to the gym stands to take a bottle of water, she wipes the sweat from her forehead and she sits with some fatigue as she sees her team mates leave the gym.

Miyuki comes to her side and sits next to her looking for something inside her purse.

Miyuki: are you ready?

Shizuma: of course ... I really want to defeat Spica again (smiles mischievously)

Miyuki: but now there are new girls in Spica ... maybe they are very good (takes out a notebook out of her bag)

Shizuma: it's true, but that doesn't bother me ... we're a strong team (taking her water bottle)

Miyuki: always so confident (smiles) ... I know you are involved in many activities already, but I don't have any Miator student for competitive fencing in the 4th to 6th grade category, the 5th grader who was going to compete injured her wrist in training yesterday.

Shizuma: do you want me to participate?

Miyuki: I only have a first-year student who will participate in the 1st to 3rd grade category ...

(Looking at her notebook)

Shizuma: leave it to me ... fencing is a piece of cake ... (Smiles confidently)

Miyuki: Well, tell me that when you have the trophy in your hands (closing her eyes with a smile)

Both reviewed Miator's competition list with great calmness while a couple of first year students, who were training with the team, took cleaning supplies to start cleaning the gym, Shizuma noticed them and approached them.

Shizuma: girls, wait a second! (catching their attention)

Both turn to Shizuma, they blush and get very nervous thinking they had done something wrong. The former Etoile walks calmly towards them and takes one of the mops from one of the students.

Shizuma: ... don't worry about this ... today it's our turn to do the cleaning (smiles)

Both students were surprised by this and didn't know what to say. Shizuma turns to look at Miyuki

Shizuma: today is our turn, right Miyuki?

Miyuki: that's right! (she nods without looking away from her notebook where she keeps writing some notes)