•pokéfic tag•

ImberLapis made a new tag concerning Pokémon fanfiction whoop whoop.

1.) How many Pokéfics have you written and/or are currently writing?

I have completed ~one~ Pokéfic known as Bonds ^^;  I'm in the process of (procrastinating) writing another fic right now.

2.) Which of your Pokéfics is your favorite?

Tough decision XD Looks like Bonds wins this round

3.) Do you prefer using canon characters or OCs?

I use OCs since I've never connected with a canon character. Maybe I should get around to reading PokéSpe....

4.) What are some of your favorite Pokéfics and why?

The Aura Within by MysticalTactician  sated a craving I never knew I had: a fantasy-adventure Pokémon fanfiction with anime tropes. When I think of Pokéfics with outside-the-box plots, TAW always comes to mind. 

Getting Out of Fuchsia by d_s_t_e is easily my most favorite story on Wattpad ^_^ I'm a sucker for light-hearted fics featuring memorable characters. I love the cast with all my heart (I may or may have not gotten a Chikorita on Alpha Sapphire after I finished the series).

Reading Zam the Hybrid by DI_Gremlin is an experience in itself. The unique MC, smart action, and fun humor is unlike anything I've read in this fandom, and I could not get enough of it.

It's no surprise that I'm going to mention my favorite badge-collecting fic: Heart of Steel by ImberLapis! HS does Steven Stone justice as he's finally not being used as a MC's love interest.

The World Without Them by UnisonRaider had me hooked from the get-go. It's impossible for me not to love a book featuring a sarcastic MC, adorable Pokémon sidekick, and an intriguing dystopian society.

5.) Do you like journey stories or ones that deviate from the formula?

I enjoy both! As long as a Pokéfic is well-written and has likable characters, you can find me there in the comments rooting it on.

6.) What are your favorite Pokéfic clichés?

Badge-collecting fics, characters receiving Pokémon eggs because why not, legendary Pokémon intervention, bright and enthusiastic personalities, having Pokémon evolve just in the nick of time, and Eeveelutions being part of the MC's team

7.) What are your most hated Pokéfic clichés?

Forced romances just so writers can have a subplot (tbh this is applicable to any book/movie/etc.), MCs who have an abundant number of shiny Pokémon, battles that always have two beams hit each other and cause smoke to fill the field, "badass" characters, MCs who can converse with Pokémon, and stories that introduce PokéSpe characters out of the blue

8.) What is a genre of Pokémon fanfiction you'd like to see written?

I'd love to see more fantasy Pokéfics!

9.) Do you prioritize character exchanges or battles?

I think character exchanges are more important.

10.) What is your overall opinion on the Pokéfic community?

The community on FFN scares me like no other, but I think the Wattpad portion of it is wonderful! You just have to dig around for the right people and stories.

As for tags, I'll try not to repeat other nominations and go with:
d_s_t_e
MysticalTactician
StreetRacer-Sam
DI_Gremlin 
glitterandasphalt
• anyone else who has made it this far and writes Pokéfics _(:3 」∠)_