<3>

While maids put the dishes on the table,

"Hey!" James whispered to me.

"Hi." I simply whispered back.

"Where did you come from?" He asked me still whispering, while our parents are talking.

"Didn't my mom told your family already?"

"Yeah, but I wasn't listening to her I was busy listening to music, so where did you come from?"

"Tennessee."

Then he looked at me from head to toe again then nodded.

"That explains your plaid shirt, jeans, and a cowboy boots, cowgirl." Then he smirked.

"Excuse me? Cowgirl? I have my name and it's not cowgirl?! I hope you're listening to my mom a while ago when I was introduced to you and your family."

"Yes, of course your Beverly Brooke, your dad is one of the richest business man here in America."

"What?! Really!? That explains everything, thank you James."

"Anytime babe!" Then he put his hand on my lower thigh.

"Excuse me, but I'm a lady and I need to be respected Mr. Conner!" I slapped his hand away from my lower thigh.

"Not a daredevil huh?" He grinned.

"I do dares but I'm not the devil here, you are!"

"Ooh, a tough, sweet, country girl."

"Whatever." Then I rolled my eyes and moved my chair away from him but just a little bit though.

"Ahh, dinner is served." My mom called.

"Let's eat!"

Then we all started to eat but I just remained silent while everyone made light conversations.

"So where will your daughter study, Julie?" Mrs. Connor asked my mom.

"Oh, I still don't know.." My mom sighed.

"How about enroll Beverly to James's school?" Mr. Connor suggested.

Omg! Mom please say no! Please say no! Please say no!

"I think that's a good idea!" Mom said excitedly.

"Yeah and James, you can help her to meet everyone and be her tour guide here in school but wait, not only in school but here in L.A. as well, how does that sound to you, Julie?" Mrs. Connor asked my mom.

"Yeah that sounds wonderful! So, James, are you willing to do it?" She asked James.

Please say no, James, please act as a jerk.

"That sounds fantastic," suddenly he put his arm around my shoulder

"Isn't it, Beverly?" He asked me teasingly.

"Of course!" Then I faked a smile.

"Will you excuse me for a second? I just need to go to the bathroom." I said as I stood up.

"Why? Honey, what's wrong?" My mom grabbed my hand to stop me and when I turned around I saw the worry in everyone's eyes, including James.

"I'll just drink my med, My head is aching maybe due to stress, I'll come back as soon as I'm done taking my medication." Then gave them an assuming smile.

Then I ran to my room then lay down at my bed and grabbed my bag.

I searched for my med and finally saw it.

I drank it then just stayed for a while in my room.

I can't handle to be with that Jerk!

5 minutes passed and I think that's enough time to absorb everything and drink my meds.

When I was about to go down to the last 2 few steps of the staircase I stumbled down due to my headache, I thought that I was going to fall face first, but suddenly a strong arms caught me, when I opened my eyes.... Oh my god!

---------------------------

Another cliffhanger, I know!

If you like the story please don't hesitate to comment and vote!

Thanks lovelies <3