Chapter 27

Faith

"Alright Ms. Faith time to move you." A nurse said. "move me where?" "Mr. McGraw instructed us to move you to a room. This room was split for four people but we made it into a room for the three of you to recover together." "The three of us?" I asked confused. "oh yes. Mr. McGraw is heading into surgery to donate a piece of his liver to your son." "He's really doing that?" I asked trying not to cry. "yes. The surgery can last anywhere between two to four hours. He requested a cot for your youngest son. You're family is on there way up too." She said. I was so shocked. He is giving up a piece of him to save our son. I don't think I could love him anymore than I do now. Betty and mom came in the room with Blake. "where's Tim?" Betty asked. "in surgery." "What? Why?" "Sam's liver was severed in half. So Tim tested and I guess was a positive match to donate part of his to Sam." "He is such an amazing man." Edna said. "um I found this in Tim's stuff." Betty said. It was a marriage license and he signed it along with a preacher. "you just need to sign and the moment your divorce is final you can date it." "I want their names changed too." I said referring to the boys. "okay." Blake comes over and looks around. "where is daddy and Sam?" He asked. "with the doctor they should be back soon." I said. "do you need anything?" Mom asked. "to sleep. But they haven't said if I can yet." I hit the nurse button and shortly one comes in the room. "yes ma'am?" "Am I allowed to sleep yet?" I asked. "let me go ask the doctor." She said leaving. "are you in any pain?" Betty asked. "my leg hurts but that is to be expected." I said. "okay Faith the doctor says that you are good to sleep. Do you need some pain medicine for any of your other injuries? It may help you sleep better." She said. "that would be nice." I said. She went and got a needle and injected it into my IV. "alright Blake. I am going to sleep for a little. Can you work on making pictures for Sam and daddy?" I said to him. "yes mommy. Sleep well." He said kissing my cheek. I smiled and let my heavy eyes fall.