05

The city of Seoul was alive in that evening. Many lights were illuminating the city and there were still a ton of people in the streets. Solmi and Jackson were having a stroll, side by side. In fact, Jackson was still holding her wrist.

"Jackson, you can let go, now." She brought her arm up to show him his hand.

"Oh, sorry." He released his grip. "I didn't realize."

"It's fine."

There was a silence. What could you possibly say to someone you've shut a door on and a complete stranger at that, she sighed.

"Oh yeah, I was wondering." He began, looking into the distance. "You've got a small accent, where's it from?"

Solmi turned to stare at Jackson, still looking away.

"Busan, but I was born in Goyang." She cringed, thinking about that city. "And just so you don't have to ask, I came to Seoul for college."

"Which one?" He wondered.

"[Enter the name of a college in Seoul here]." She shrugged.

"WHAT?" He suddenly shouted and Solmi backed off, surprised.

"Why are you shouting!?" She replied, with her hands beside her ears.

She felt like her heart was going to jump out of her chest. It was beating so, so fast.

"I go to that college too!" He smiled.

"Ah damn you, Jackson, you scared the hell out of me!" She slapped him on the shoulder.

He was laughing to tears, by himself. Solmi took that time to ask a random passerby where the supermarket was.

"Sorry, mister, could you just tell me where the closest supermarket is?"

She could see his eyes moving to her friend behind her. Yes, Jackson was still laughing and it didn't seem as if it was going to end soon.

"Don't mind him, please." She said sweetly, trying not to scare him off.

"Um...it's right over there." He pointed in some direction. "But it may be closed at this hour, you might want to try the convenience store."

"Thank you." She nodded and bowed.

Right after he had left, she grabbed Jackson's arm and headed for the nearest CU (popular convenience store in Korea).

"With that kind of maturity, I bet you're younger than me." She whispered to herself but Jackson had heard.

"Try me." He said, letting her guide them.

"I'm 21..."

"Daeng daeng!" He chortled. "I'm also 21. Since you failed, can you buy me noodles?"

"Ah, so childish."

---

Inside the convenience store, Solmi was taking a few supplies to last till the supermarket reopened, tomorrow morning. Jackson was pacing, never far away, when he added two bowls of already-made instant ramen noodles to her basket. She found it childish but decided to play along. That could never hurt, right?

"Jackson, catch." She announced suddenly.

He did a 180° spin, confused as to why she had told him to catch. When they were face to face, he understood by the bag of chips being thrown his way and the smile on her face. He caught the bag effortlessly.