06

Solmi and Jackson were walking side by side to the college. The girl had a cup of coffee in her hand and was taking sips from time to time. She looked like a zombie while he looked 100% awake.

"Ah...I wouldn't survive without my coffee in the morning." She huffed. "I really shouldn't have stayed up that late."

Jackson glanced in her direction with a smile.

"Hey, you have to agree, it was still fun. I've never had that much fun with someone I just met."

"Same here." Solmi chuckled. "But the next time, let's not stay up that late..."

"Next time?" He smirked. "Implying that we're more than just acquaintances?"

"Probably. Anyway, what time is it?" Solmi asked, completely dodging Jackson's question.

He took out his phone as they were approaching the college.

"7:49, class starts in about 10 minutes."

"Well, let's get walking!"

This time, Solmi was the one leading Jackson. She grabbed his coat, and pulled him into a jog. There's no way that I'm arriving late on my first day of college.

---

We arrived late, and now we're lost...great, Solmi thought to herself, disappointed.

She was following Jackson through the corridors of the school. She trusted him since he had attended the days specifically planned by colleges to show you around the school, also known as orientation.

"It doesn't make a super great first impression to arrive late on our first day." Solmi said as he guided her.

"I'm sorry, okay? I got lost on orientation, too..." His voice became softer with every word in the sentence.

Jackson was waiting for her reaction. He was probably expecting her to be mad, but... Solmi only huffed and took out her phone. She had downloaded a picture of the school's layout.

"Okay, we're looking for A3-504. We're in the right section, we must be getting close." She raised her head.

Before her eyes was a metal panel by a door on which was written A3-504. She smirked and pointed to it.

"Ha, of course. I totally knew that we were in the right direction." Jackson chuckled.

Solmi rolled her eyes, unable to hide the smile creeping up on his lips. She passed by him, looking through the window in the door. She could see a teacher speaking in front of a desk.

"Woah, the classroom looks big..." Solmi gulped. "I-I don't want to go in. We'll interrupt the whole class."

"It's the first day, we're probably not the first or the last to arrive late." He smiled to reassure her. "Besides, it's only 15 minutes. No big deal."

"But still-"

"No, no, no, we're going. Let's go."

Instead of grabbing her wrist as he had done before, Jackson took her hand. Moments later, the door was open, and they entered. Jackson was still holding her hand.

The teacher glared at Jackson, since he was interrupted mid-sentence, but his features loosened. Seems like the teacher understands what's happening..., Solmi's worried expression faded.