08

Solmi was standing by the running track. She was exhausted from studying early into the morning and hungry from not getting enough time to eat.

What was aking her day even worst: having physical education at 10 a.m.

There were dark circles under her eyes from her intense fatigue.

"Ugh, I wish I could be back in my bed right now..."

She saw Jackson from afar slowly walking over to her. He looked happy at least.

"C'mon, let's go run a bit. We'll be finished after," he mimicked jogging.

"If you insist," Solmi smiled weakly.

They began running on the track. Solmi was controlling her breathing pattern, but it was becoming more difficult.

She was huffing loudly as her vision blurred. She fought against the feeling of unconsciousness. She could see the others and even Jackson blurring.

He was about twenty meters in front of her while she was slowing down.

Suddenly...blackness.

Her eyes opened. She was laying on the ground. It wasn't long for her to understand what had happened. I must've hit my head hard...

She tried to stand up, but lost her balance. Before falling, someone caught her from behind. The person was holding her tightly, in case her legs fell out on her again.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah," she glanced over at the person.

She realized that it was the cute guy from her korean class and her history class. Her cheeks went red so quickly.
At that moment, she attempted to break away from him, but she really didn't have any strength in her legs.

"Don't try to move, you might hurt yourself even more."

"Alright, can you help me walk to the infirmary?"

"Sure."

She wrapped her arm around him as support. They paced towards the school before being stopped by Jackson.

"Solmi! Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine," she assured.

"You're bleeding," Jackson replied.

She brought a hand to her forehead, feeling the hot red liquid running down her fingers.

"Look, this guy is helping me to the infirmary," she pointed to the cute guy.

Somehow she felt that Jackson was hostile. He was acting weird all of the sudden.

"With some complete stranger?"

"Oh, just stop it already Jackson!" She raised her voice, angry.

A throbbing sensation against her skull forced her to close her eyes right before she fell unconscious again.

---

Solmi woke up in the infirmary of the college. She was laying in a bed, covered in thin sheets.

She raised her head, and saw the cute guy looking out the window by the bed.