0.1

Have you ever had that feeling that something was missing in your life? Whether it was a childhood toy or an old memory. Like your life isn't complete without that one missing thing. That's how  lijah Mikaelson felt, a thousand years after his loving wife died.

This isn't a story about power or wealth, this is a story about love.

~~~~~

Aubrey Jenkins, an only child with no parents, was the sweetest woman anyone would ever meet. Villagers would say that her smile would brighten their day. All the young men in the village fancied Aubrey, but her heart only yearned for one man.

Elijah Mikaelson, Older brother to five younger siblings, was deeply and utterly in love with the village sweetheart. From the day Him and his family stepped foot into the village, he felt his heart leap for the girl with bright white hair. 

Aubrey Jenkins and Elijah Mikaelson were in love.

And no one could ever change that.

They were married and they loved each other.

Until that one day, where everything went wrong.

~~~~~

It was midday when Aubrey and Elijah heard the yells of Elijah's younger brother, Niklaus outside of their hut.

Rushing out of the hut the pair saw a sight no one would ever want to see. The youngest Mikaelson brother, Henrik, was being carried by his brother, covered head to toe in blood. He had a faint heartbeat and was very near death.

The whole Mikaelson family rushed to the two brothers side as the mother, a witch, tried to save her youngest child. Nothing seemed to be working and the mother, Esther begged for the help from another witch, begging for a way to save her child, but she refused.

That night the Mikaelson family mourned the death of their youngest member and toasted to Henrik's life with a glass of red wine for each. 

But what each sibling did not know, was that the wine they drank was laced with the blood of the doppelganger and that was the night, that their father drove his sword through their hearts, and killed them all.

Several hours later, one by one, each child started to wake, all but one. 

The blood that was in the wine was meant to turn and protect the Mikaelson children, but what Esther and her husband Mikael did not realize, was that Aubrey did not drink the wine and when Mikael drove his sword through her heart, it killed her and she would not awake, like the rest of the children.

After finding that Aubrey was not going to awake, like himself and his siblings did, Elijah was blinded by rage and heartbreak as he held his one true love close to his chest, and said goodbye to her, forever.