The Wedding Night

Krithika sat on Rishi's bed which was decorated with all kinds of flowers but dominated by Jasmines, she found the whole set up clichéd and top of it she doesn't like the odour of Jasmines but she didn't say anything because one she didn't want to disappoint her in-laws, it didn't matter when she had Rishi by her side.

She was hell nervous, what would he do, would he start a conversation or would he pounce on her, how is she supposed to react she had no clue.

The sound of the door broke her from her revire and there stood Man of her dreams looking dapper in his white kurta and pyjama, his hair was gelled, his slight stubble made him look hot, she couldn't  stop ogling at her man.

Rishi cleared his throat to get her attention, krithika looked like deer caught in the headlights.

Feeling embarrassed on being caught she just fidgeted.

"Hey it is okay why are you scared it is not that I'll eat you up" Said Rishi in his deep voice.

Krithika just gave him a shy smile.

After minutes of silence Rishi said " Krithika why don't you change it must be uncomfortable for you"

For which she gladly agreed and hurried to the washroom to get rid of the heavy silk and wear something more comfortable.

When she came out of the washroom the site mesmerized her.

Her newly wed husband was looking like a hot shot model wearing a white t shirt showing off his abs and having his coffee standing in the balcony enjoying the climate, the moonlight on his face and his intense eyes are a sight to behold.

Blushing at her own thoughts she joined him.

Rishi came out of his deep thoughts seeing Krithika..

" Coffee" He offered

"Thank you" She said gladly taking a sip from her hot Coffee

"So what next" Asked Rishi

"Sleep, Iam tired as hell Rishi, I hope it is ok with you" She replied nervously

"Oh thought I had a chance today, didn't expect this from you" He said dissapointedly

Taken aback by the answer Krithika wanted to answer back but she found herself caged in his arms.

She felt butterflies in her stomach, not knowing what to do she just closed her eyes submitting herself

Just then she could not longer feel his breath near her, when she opened her eyes to find him standing at a distance.

She saw him almost laughing." I was asking about your future plans when I asked 'What next' but I guess you had something in your mind" He Said smirking

Krithika's flushed "I want to do my Masters and become a cardiologist" Said she changing the topic.

"Oh great"He responded.

After a moment of silence she asked. " I hope you don't have a problem?"

"Why should I have any, after all it is your life" He quipped

"I wont interfear in your decisions Krithika, I expect the same from you, just because we are married that doesn't mean we are answerable to each other" He added

Krithika just nodded her head confused, she didn't know what to make out from his words, one hand she is elated by his broad mind set but she didn't like the interfear part.

Brushing her thoughts away she followed her husband inside the room.

"Krithika I'll sleep on the right side of the bed because Iam used to it, you can take the left side"He said casually

To which she nodded and slipped into her side of the bed.

"Goodnight" She whispered

"Goodnight" He responded without much emotion

Krithika laid on her side with a mixed feeling, she felt out of the world to get married to a man she feel head over heels for but at the same time did not expect this from her wedding night, she ofcourse didn't intend to do 'it' tonight but atleast thought they would have a conversation.She wanted to understand him, but alas they had a lifetime for that, smiling at that thought she closed her eyes to let sleep engulf her.